• Today will be mostly sunny, with a high near 80 degrees and a calm wind becoming west 5 to 9 miles per hour in the morning. Tonight will be partly cloudy, with a low around 54. We’re looking at possible isolated showers Wednesday afternoon, but otherwise it will be partly sunny, with a high near 79. Thursday will be partly sunny, with a high near 80 and a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms.
• Democratic voters in East Hampton Town will head to the polls today for a primary for the party’s backing in this fall’s town board race. More details are online here.
• The Southold Town Board will discuss a letter from the Suffolk County Water Authority about future water availability, a proposed traffic study for Route 48 and Main Street in Greenport, proposed affordable housing town code changes, road resurfacing and a report from their new comptroller at their 9:15 a.m. work session this morning. There are no public hearings scheduled for their 4:30 p.m. meeting this afternoon. Their full agenda for both meetings is online here.
• The East Hampton Town Board will discuss a Showtime filming update at their 10 a.m. work session this morning. Their full agenda is online here.
• The Southampton Town Board will hold public hearings on establishing zoning provisions for assisted living facilities as a special exception use in certain zoning districts, a CPF property acquisition in Sag Harbor and a proposed five-year limit on false fire alarm histories at their 1 p.m. meeting this afternoon. Their full agenda is online here.
• Guild Hall in East Hampton continues its JDTLab staged reading series tonight at 7:30 p.m. with “Descent of the Dolls,” in which three brilliant contemporary poets collaborate on an epic poem retelling the film “Valley of the Dolls.” More details are online here. [Free]
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 2:49 a.m., 3:32 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 1:57 a.m., 2:31 p.m.
Greenport: 3:26 a.m., 4 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 4:26 a.m., 4:47 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 3:21 a.m., 3:55 p.m.
New Suffolk: 4:48 a.m., 5:22 p.m.
South Jamesport: 4:55 a.m., 5:29 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 12:10 a.m., 12:35 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 3:52 a.m., 4:30 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 3 a.m., 3:38 p.m.
Greenport: 4:29 a.m., 5:07 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 5:27 a.m., 5:50 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 4:24 a.m., 5:02 p.m.
New Suffolk: 5:51 a.m., 6:29 p.m.
South Jamesport: 5:58 a.m., 6:36 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 1:11 a.m., 1:36 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.