• Today will be sunny, with a high near 47 degrees and a west wind 10 to 15 miles per hour. It will be partly cloudy overnight, with a low around 25. Friday will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 42 degrees but wind chill values between 30 and 35, with a chance of snow increasing throughout the afternoon and evening. There’s a 50 percent chance of snow overnight and into Saturday, with possible accumulations between 1 and 2 inches. Saturday will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 41.
• Today is the launch of the South Fork Peak Savers club, a new initiative to give programmable thermostats to South Fork residents, a tool to help reduce peak load on the electric grid and help South Fork towns meet their renewable energy goals. The Beacon’s full story is online here.
• The Southampton Town Board will discuss the redevelopment of Ponquogue Beach and the environmental review for the Canoe Place Inn redevelopment Planned Development District in Hampton Bays at their 10 a.m. work session this morning, followed by a special meeting to vote on accepting the environmental review for the Canoe Place Inn project at noon. Their full agenda is online here.
• Riverhead’s town board work session for today has been cancelled.
• The East Hampton Town Board will hold a public hearing on extending the building moratorium in the Wainscott business district at their 6:30 p.m. regular meeting this evening. Their full agenda is online here.
• The North Fork Environmental Council’s Speaker Series continues this evening, Dec. 7 at 6:30 p.m. with a talk by Kevin McAllister of Defend H2O on “No More Methoprene” at the Jamesport Meeting House. All are welcome to attend.
• East End Arts hosts its 45th Anniversary celebration at The Suffolk Theater in Riverhead tonight at 7 p.m. The concert will celebrate the people who built the arts organization over nearly five decades. [$20-$25]
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:03 a.m., 12:28 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 11:36 a.m.
Greenport: 12:40 a.m., 1:05 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 1:40 a.m., 1:59 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 12:35 a.m., 1 p.m.
New Suffolk: 2:02 a.m., 2:27 p.m.
South Jamesport: 2:09 a.m., 2:34 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 9:49 a.m., 10:33 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 1:02 a.m., 1:27 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 12:10 a.m., 12:35 p.m.
Greenport: 1:39 a.m., 2:04 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 2:37 a.m., 2:58 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 1:34 a.m., 1:59 p.m.
New Suffolk: 3:01 a.m., 3:26 p.m.
South Jamesport: 3:08 a.m., 3:33 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 10:49 a.m., 11:32 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.