• Today will be partly sunny, with a high near 76 degrees and an east wind 5 to 10 miles per hour, becoming south in the afternoon. Showers and possibly a thunderstorm are likely after midnight, with a low tonight around 62 degrees. Thursday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 77 degrees and a 30 percent chance of showers, mainly before 8 a.m. Friday wll be sunny, with a high near 75.
• The Neo-Political Cowgirls’ Andromeda’s Sisters forum next week will celebrate women’s capacity to support each other and change the world we occupy. More details are online here.
• Rose cultivation is not the thorny problem it used to be. Our Gardenwise columnist, Susan Tito, gives us a great update this month on easy-to-care-for roses for your garden.
• Southampton Town has announced that its Opioid Advisory Task Force will present a draft of its report about what to do about the opioid crisis at tomorrow’s work session, June 21 at 11 a.m. at town hall.
• A consortium of environmental groups is kicking off a summer-long series of screenings of the documentary “Straws,” about the dangers of plastic straws in the ocean, tomorrow evening, June 21, at 7 p.m. at the Shelter Island Public Library. More details are online here.
• Suffolk County Vector Control will be spraying the following East End creeks with the mosquito larvicides Bti and Methoprene today and tomorrow: Apacuck Point, Westhampton Dunes, Dune Road, North Haven and North Sea in Southampton Town; Napeague, Beach Hampton, and possibly Accabonac Harbor in East Hampton Town; Indian Island, the Aquebogue Overlook, the Crescent Duck Farm and Millar Farm in Riverhead Town and New Suffolk, Great Hog Neck, Pipes Neck Creek and Pipes Cove in Southold Town. For more details, call 631.852.4270.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 3:59 a.m., 4:41 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 3:07 a.m., 3:49 p.m.
Greenport: 4:36 a.m., 5:18 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 5:31 a.m., 6:07 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 4:31 a.m., 5:13 p.m.
New Suffolk: 5:58 a.m., 6:40 p.m.
South Jamesport: 6:05 a.m., 6:47 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 1:14 a.m., 1:58 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 5:04 a.m., 5:42 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 4:12 a.m., 4:50 p.m.
Greenport: 5:41 a.m., 6:19 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 6:33 a.m., 7:06 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 5:36 a.m., 6:14 p.m.
New Suffolk: 7:03 a.m., 7:41 p.m.
South Jamesport: 7:10 a.m., 7:48 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 2:09 a.m., 2:53 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.