This Morning’s Bulletin — 1.11.14
• The National Weather Service has issued both a flood watch and a wind advisory for today. Heavy rains are expected to begin at about 11 a.m. and one-and-a-half to two inches of rain are expected to fall by the end of the night. With many areas still iced over, NWS is anticipating some “ice jam flooding” and flooding around banks of rivers and low-lying areas with poor drainage. This is not a coastal flood alert. Between noon and 10 p.m., NWS is expecting sustained winds of 15 to 25 miles per hour with gusts to 50 miles per hour, becoming stronger later in the day.
• The Riverhead Community Awareness Program is asking East Enders to fill out their anonymous prescription drug disposal survey, available here. This brief survey takes less than 5 minutes and will help CAP with the planning and implementation of their 5-year Drug-Free Communities Grant to keep prescription drugs and alcohol out of the hands of kids. This is not a survey of what drugs people take, but how people dispose of their drugs.
• Don’t forget to check The Beacon’s Event Calendar to find fun stuff to do this weekend.
• If you wanna learn something about making gin, these folks are coming to Empire State Cellars in the Tanger Mall tonight. Drink responsibly. Please. The last time I drank gin, I dropped a typewriter on my foot.
• Some folks on the paranormal circuit have leaked a five minute segment of the new straight-to-DVD film “The Montauk Chronicles,” about the so-called Montauk Project, which wasn’t due to be released until next Tuesday. We’ve shared the leaked video below. So there you have it, you can be one of the cool kids and know all about this scary stuff before your friends.