• Today will be sunny, with a high near 34 degrees but wind chill values between 5 and 15, with a northwest wind 9 to 16 miles per hour. It will be mostly clear overnight, with a low around 17. Friday will be sunny, with a high near 38, and Saturday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 45.
• Center Stage at the Southampton Cultural Center’s excellent new production of “Crimes of the Heart” continues for the second of three weekends tonight at 7:30 p.m. Read our review online here.
• Southampton Town Police will host a free community NARCAN opioid antidote training session this evening at 6 p.m. at the Hampton Bays Community Center at 25 Ponquogue Avenue. All are welcome to attend.
• Sag Harbor will play host to a local Women’s March 2018 this Saturday, Jan. 20, beginning at Long Wharf at 11 a.m., in solidarity with marches for women’s rights being held around the world. All are welcome to attend.
• The Riverhead Town Board will meet in executive session this morning at 10 a.m. to discuss the proposed sale of much of EPCAL with their attorney. There will be no open work session this morning. The meeting’s agenda is online here.
• The Southampton Town Board plans to hear a presentation on Town Hall HVAC design bid awards at their 10 a.m. work session this morning, followed by updates on town board members’ projects. Their full agenda is online here.
• The Hampton Bays Historical Society will be hosting a dinner this evening from 4:30 to 9 p.m. at The Villa Paul restaurant on Montauk Highway in Hampton Bays. Tickets are $45 for adults and $12 for children 12 and under. Tickets and takeout are available at the door. For reservations call 631.728.3261 or 631.728.0087.
• The East Hampton Town Board will hold a public hearing on leasing town land on Pantigo Place to the Southampton Hospital Association for a freestanding emergency department tonight at their 6:30 p.m. meeting. Their agenda is online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 10:40 a.m., 11:08 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 9:48 a.m., 10:16 p.m.
Greenport: 11:17 a.m., 11:45 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 12:02 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 11:12 a.m., 11:40 p.m.
New Suffolk: 12:25 a.m., 12:39 p.m.
South Jamesport: 12:32 a.m., 12:46 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 7:47 a.m., 8:12 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 11:19 a.m., 11:49 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 10:27 a.m., 10:57 p.m.
Greenport: 11:56 a.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 12:29 a.m., 12:40 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 11:51 a.m.
New Suffolk: 1:07 a.m., 1:18 p.m.
South Jamesport: 1:14 a.m., 1:25 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 8:22 a.m., 8:48 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.