This Morning’s Bulletin — 1.29.18
• There’s a 40 percent chance of rain today, mainly after 3 p.m. Otherwise, it will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 41 and a northeast wind 8 to 15 miles per hour. There’s a chance of 40 percent chance of rain turning to snow overnight, with a low around 25. Snow showers are possible Tuesday, but otherwise it will be cloudy, with a high near 35. Wednesday will be sunny, with a high near 31.
• After more than a dozen informational meetings with the East Hampton Town Trustees, offshore wind developer Deepwater Wind has still not convinced fishermen that its plans to erect 12 to 15 wind turbines 36 miles off the Montauk shore will not affect their livelihood. The Beacon’s full story is online here.
• The Hampton Bays Public Library at 52 Ponquogue Avenue will hold a community blood drive this afternoon from 1 to 7 p.m.
• The Mattituck-Laurel Civic Association will meet tonight at 6:30 p.m. at the Mattituck Presbyterian Church to discuss three traffic engineering solutions for the intersection of Love Lane, Old Sound Avenue and the Main Road. Community input is encouraged.
• The Beacon’s Week in Review was delivered piping hot to inboxes throughout the East End in the wee hours of Sunday morning. To get your very own copy each week, sign up here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 7:30 a.m., 7:53 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 6:38 a.m., 7:01 p.m.
Greenport: 8:07 a.m., 8:30 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 8:59 a.m., 9:35 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 8:02 a.m., 8:25 p.m.
New Suffolk: 9:29 a.m., 9:52 p.m.
South Jamesport: 9:36 a.m., 9:59 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 4:49 a.m., 5:24 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 8:22 a.m., 8:45 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 7:30 a.m., 7:53 p.m.
Greenport: 8:59 a.m., 9:22 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 9:55 a.m., 10:29 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 8:54 a.m., 9:17 p.m.
New Suffolk: 10:21 a.m., 10:44 p.m.
South Jamesport: 10:28 a.m., 10:51 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 5:46 a.m., 6:19 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.