• Today will be partly sunny, with a high near 42 but wind chill values between 20 and 30, with a north wind 6 to 10 miles per hour. It will be mostly cloudy overnight, with a low around 26. Wednesday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 41 and Thursday will be sunny, with a high near 41.
• Renewable power activists led by Southampton Town are looking for one last push to get the New York State Legislature to approve the final piece in the puzzle of greening the existing electric grid. Here’s our full story.
• Suffolk County reported 1,232 new cases of Covid-19 in the 24 hours ending Monday, with 11.3 percent of people tested testing positive. Eight hundred and three people are currently hospitalized in the county with the virus, with 116 of them in ICU. The county reported 20 new deaths from the virus Monday, bringing the pandemic death toll here to 2,361 people.
• The Southold Town Board will discuss a proposed pool in Peconic, CDBG funding and senior citizen tax exemption renewals at its 9 a.m. work session this morning, followed by its annual organizational meeting at 11 a.m. The board will hold public hearings on sanitary flow credits for affordable apartments proposed for the Main Road in Southold and on DBDG funding at its 4:30 p.m. meeting this afternoon. Here’s the agenda for the work session and the regular meeting, and here’s the agenda for the organizational meeting.
• Town Boards throughout the East End hold organizational meetings today. East Hampton’s is at 11 a.m. and the agenda is here. Southampton’s is at 1 p.m. and the agenda is here. Shelter Island’s is at 1 p.m. and can be viewed live here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 2:11 a.m., 2:24 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 1:19 a.m., 1:32 p.m.
Greenport: 2:48 a.m., 3:01 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 3:36 a.m., 3:57 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 2:43 a.m., 2:56 p.m.
New Suffolk: 4:10 a.m., 4:23 p.m.
South Jamesport: 4:17 a.m., 4:30 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 1:19 a.m., 1:25 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 11:34 a.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 3:08 a.m., 3:27 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 2:!6 a.m., 2:35 p.m.
Greenport: 3:45 a.m., 4:04 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 4:31 a.m., 4:58 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 3:40 a.m., 3:59 p.m.
New Suffolk: 5:07 a.m., 5:26 p.m.
South Jamesport: 5:14 a.m., 5:33 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 2:14 a.m., 2:22 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 12:23 a.m., 12:31 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.