This Morning’s Bulletin — 10.13.22
• Showers are likely today, mainly after 3 p.m., with cloudy skies, a high temperature near 71 degrees and a southeast wind 13 to 17 miles per hour, with gusts as high as 30. Rain will continue overnight, with a low around 58 and a south wind 14 to 22, gusting as high as 37. Skies will clear on Friday, with a high near 69, and Saturday will be sunny, with a high near 69.
• There are plenty of excursions on the East End this October that are bound to scare you, but if the horror of the real world is too much, take heart, because the Boots on the Ground theater company is launching a new take on Robert Louis Stevenson’s “Jekyll & Hyde” story that promises to scare you silly. Read More.
• The Quogue Wildlife Refuge hosts a presentation on Light Pollution by the Wertheim National Wildlife Refuge this evening at 5:30 p.m. Attendees will learn how bright nights cause problems for animals and humans. Here’s more info.
• Ghost Hunting at the Southampton History Museum’s many haunted buildings begins tomorrow, and continues through this scary season. More info is at southamptonhistory.org.
• The North Fork Community Theatre Historical Graveyard Tour through the Mattituck Presbyterian Church graveyard will be this Saturday, Oct. 15, from 2 to 4 p.m. Actors in period costume will recount the lives of historic figures buried in the graveyard. Tour groups of 20 people start every 10 minutes and run for one hour. Tickets are $25 and are available online at nfct.com.
• If you don’t feel like being scared this weekend, Cornell Cooperative Extension of Suffolk County’s Back to the Bays program will hold a Marine Meadows workshop on how to restore eelgrass beds in the bays surrounding the East End on Saturday, Oct. 15 from 2 to 4 p.m. at the Cutchogue-New Suffolk Library. Register online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:30 a.m., 12:49 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 11:57 a.m.
Greenport: 1:07 a.m., 1:26 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 2:08 a.m., 2:18 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 1:02 a.m., 1:21 p.m.
New Suffolk: 2:29 a.m., 2:48 p.m.
South Jamesport: 2:36 a.m., 2:55 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 11:59 a.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 10:08 a.m., 10:40 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 1:19 a.m., 1:39 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 12:27 a.m., 12:47 p.m.
Greenport: 1:56 a.m., 2:16 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 2:54 a.m., 3:03 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 1:51 a.m., 2:11 p.m.
New Suffolk: 3:18 a.m., 3:38 p.m.
South Jamesport: 3:25 a.m., 3:45 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 12:31 a.m., 12:43 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 10:52 a.m., 11:31 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.