• Skies will clear throughout the day today, with a high temperature near 64 degrees and a slight chance of showers between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m., with a northwest wind 7 to 13 miles per hour. It will be mostly clear overnight, with a low around 51. Saturday will be sunny, with a high near 66 and Sunday will be sunny, with a high near 68.
• New York State unveiled a Covid-19 tracing app on Thursday, designed to notify users of potential exposure to the virus. Here are more details.
• Stony Brook Southampton Hospital will be doing Covid-19 and influenza PCR testing at its Parrish Memorial Hall, East Hampton High School and on Shelter Island this season. Here are more details.
• Suffolk County reported 46 new cases of Covid-19 in the 24 hours ending Thursday, with .8 percent of people tested testing positive. Thirty-one people are currently hospitalized with the virus in Suffolk, with seven of them in ICU. The county reported no new deaths from the virus, and the death toll here stands at 2,015.
• The Sag Harbor Fire Department, at 1357 Brick Kiln Road, will hold a community blood drive this afternoon and evening from 2 to 8 p.m. Blood is urgently needed due to a shortage of blood drives during the pandemic. Appointments are preferred and can be made online here.
• Old Steeple Community Church will be having their annual Blessing of the Animals service outdoors in the church parking lot at 656 Main Road in Aquebogue on Saturday, Oct. 3 at 10 a.m. Humans must be wearing a mask, and animals must be crated or leashed.
• The Young Adult Ministry will hold a voter registration drive tomorrow, Oct. 3 from noon to 4 p.m. at the Bridgehampton Child Care & Recreation Center at 551 Sag Harbor Turnpike. All are welcome.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 10:48 a.m., 11:09 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 9:56 a.m., 10:17 p.m.
Greenport: 11:25 a.m., 11:46 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 12:07 a.m., 12:22 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 11:20 a.m., 11:41 p.m.
New Suffolk: 12:28 a.m., 12:47 p.m.
South Jamesport: 12:35 a.m., 12:54 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 10:02 a.m., 10:17 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 8:11 a.m., 8:26 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 11:28 a.m., 11:50 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 10:36 a.m., 10:58 p.m.
Greenport: 12:05 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 12:45 a.m., 12:57 p.m.
Sag Harbor: Noon
New Suffolk: 1:08 a.m., 1:27 p.m.
South Jamesport: 1:15 a.m., 1:34 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 10:36 a.m., 10:54 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 8:45 a.m., 9:03 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.