Round Robins, Wednesday night
Round Robins, Wednesday night

Good Morning!

• We’re expecting a 30 percent chance of afternoon showers today, but otherwise it will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 69. There’s a 40 percent chance of showers overnight, with a low around 57. There’s a 70 percent chance of showers Friday, with a high near 73. Saturday will be partly sunny and breezy, with a high near 58 and a 30 percent chance of showers.

• East End Congressman Lee Zeldin and his challenger, former Southampton Town Supervisor Anna Throne-Holst, shared their starkly different positions on the Environmental Protection Agency and Army Corps of Engineers projects at an environmental forum Tuesday evening. The Beacon’s full story is online here.

• The Southampton Town Board will discuss the CPF deer management program, marina districts in residential zones and a permit and tracking system for commercial carters at their 10 a.m. work session at town hall this morning. Their full agenda is online here.

• The Riverhead Town Board will discuss the DEA National Drug Take Back Day, the town’s Halloween Fest and a Cleaner Greener Communities Grant at their 10 a.m. work session this morning. Their full agenda is online here.

• The Long Island Commission for Aquifer Protection will hold a public hearing on their State of the Aquifer report this evening, Oct. 20 at 6 p.m. at the at the Riverhead County Center in Riverside. Details are online here.

• The East Hampton Town Board will hold public hearings on a CPF acquisition and two conservation easements at their 6:30 p.m. meeting this evening. Their full agenda is online here.

• New York Natural Heritage Program biologists will present their findings on the first ever four-season biological inventory of the plants and animals on Plum Island tonight at 7:30 p.m. at the Peconic Landing Community Center. More information is online here.

• Just in time for the home stretch of an R-Rated presidential election season, Hampton Theatre Company brings David Mamet’s “November,” a hilarious and scathingly satirical take on American presidential politics, to the Quogue Community Hall for their season-opening production, opening tonight. More details are online here.

• And, as November begins, The Town of Southold, and the Anti-Bias Task Force of Southold Town invite all members of the community, young and old, to stand with them at a Vigil for Respect and Civility, to be held on Sunday, Nov. 6 at 3:30 p.m., at Silversmith Corner in Southold.

• The North Fork Community Theatre’s fall production of the musical “First Date” continues for two more weekends beginning tonight! Read our review online here.

• The Neo-Political Cowgirls are taking visitors through the terrors of “Hysteria” at the Amagansett Farmers Market this weekend. More details are online here.

The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:

Oct. 20
MTK Hbr: 12:29 a.m., 12:57 p.m.
Orient: 1:30 a.m., 1:58 p.m.
Greenport: 1:58 a.m., 2:26 p.m.
Sag Hbr: 1:53 a.m., 2:21 p.m.
N. Suffolk: 3:20 a.m., 3:48 p.m.
S. JPT: 3:27 a.m., 10:57 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 11:10 a.m., 11:49 p.m.

Oct. 21
MTK Hbr: 1:29 a.m., 1:59 p.m.
Orient: 2:30 a.m., 3 p.m.
Greenport: 2:58 a.m., 3:28 p.m.
Sag Hbr: 2:53 a.m., 3:23 p.m.
N. Suffolk: 4:20 a.m., 4:50 p.m.
S. JPT: 4:27 a.m., 4:57 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 12:10 p.m.

And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.

Beth Young
Beth Young is an award-winning local journalist who has been covering the East End since the 1990s. She began her career at the Sag Harbor Express and, after receiving her Masters from the Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism, has reported for the Southampton Press, the East Hampton Press and the Times/Review Media Group. She founded the East End Beacon website in 2013, and a print edition in 2017. Beth was born and raised on the North Fork. In her spare time, she tinkers with bicycles, tries not to drown in the Peconic Bay and hopes to grow the perfect tomato. You can send her a message at editor@eastendbeacon.com

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Please prove you're human: