• Today will be mostly sunny and breezy, with a high near 55 degrees. It will be partly cloudy overnight, with a low around 36. Thursday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 50, and Friday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 49.
• Southold Town announced Monday that the the town justice court on Friday convicted Vineyard 48 in Cutchogue of 32 charges related to overcrowding and disturbances in the community, issuing a total of $160,000 in fines. The vineyard surrendered its liquor license last fall and has been closed ever since.
• Stony Brook Southampton’s Writers Speak Wednesday will host an alumni reading this evening in the Radio Lounge in Chancellor’s Hall. A reception begins at 6:30 p.m., followed by the reading at 7.
• Southampton Town will hold the drawing for a new housing lottery for 15 affordable homes at Southampton Pointe off County Road 39 tomorrow, Oct. 25 at 3 p.m. at Town Hall. There were 280 applicants for the lottery, who will not need to be in attendance tomorrow if their name is picked when the lottery is drawn.
• The North Fork Environmental Council is celebrating the return of its Chili Night benefit, which will be held on Friday, Oct. 26 at Jamesport Farm Brewery. Tickets are available online here.
• With its theater out of commission while it is undergoing major renovations this fall, the North Fork Community Theatre is taking its Halloween spirit on the road this weekend, with two readings of “The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde” and “Monster Soup” on Friday and Saturday evenings at Harbes Family Farm Vineyard in Mattituck.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 10:12 a.m., 10:33 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 9:20 a.m., 9:41 p.m.
Greenport: 10:49 a.m., 11:10 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 11:40 a.m.
Sag Harbor: 10:44 a.m., 11:05 p.m.
New Suffolk: 12:11 p.m.
South Jamesport: Midnight, 12:18 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 9:17 a.m., 9:37 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 7:26 a.m., 7:46 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 10:49 a.m., 11:13 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 9:57 a.m., 10:21 p.m.
Greenport: 11:26 a.m., 11:50 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 12:07 a.m., 12:19 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 11:21 a.m., 11:45 p.m.
New Suffolk: 12:32 a.m., 12:48 p.m.
South Jamesport: 12:39 a.m., 12:55 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 9:53 a.m., 10:17 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 8:02 a.m., 8:26 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.