• We’re expecting areas of frost before 9 a.m. today, but otherwise it will be partly sunny, with a high near 51 degrees and a north wind around 5 miles per hour, becoming south in the afternoon. We’re expecting rain to begin after midnight overnight, with gusty east winds and the temperature rising to 50 by 5 a.m. Saturday. We’re expecting winds to switch to the northeast on Saturday, with steady winds 24 to 30 miles per hour, gusting as high as 49, with new precipitation between 1.5 to 2.75 inches before all is said and done. The high temperature Saturday will be near 58 miles per hour. Sunday will be partly sunny, with a high near 58.
• This weekend is filled with Halloween events, though some have been rescheduled due to tomorrow’s forecast of rain. Most notably, Riverhead BID’s coffin races originally scheduled for tomorrow have been cancelled, and its Halloween parade has been rescheduled to Sunday. Our Halloween listings are online here.
• The Cold Spring Harbor Band will play the music of Billy Joel in a special benefit concert for the Greenport Express miniature railroad tomorrow evening, Oct. 27 at 7:30 p.m. in the Greenport High School Auditorium. Tickets are $40 in advance or $50 at the door. More details are online here.
• There’s plenty to do on the East End this weekend, and in the weeks ahead. Get the details in our Events Calendar.
• Looking ahead to next week, the Mattituck-Laurel Civic Association is hosting a forum titled “How Much More Can Mattituck Take?” next Monday, Oct. 29 at 6:30 p.m. at the Mattituck American Legion Hall. More details are online here.
• The League of Women Voters of the Hamptons is hosting the one and only public East End Congressional candidate debate between incumbent Republican Congressman Lee Zeldin and his Democratic challenger, Perry Gershon, on Monday, Oct. 29 at 7 p.m. at Hampton Bays High School. More details are online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 11:28 a.m., 11:57 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 10:36 a.m., 11:05 p.m.
Greenport: 12:48 a.m., 12:59 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 12:48 a.m., 12:59 p.m.
Sag Harbor: Noon
New Suffolk: 1:12 a.m., 1:27 p.m.
South Jamesport: 1:19 a.m., 1:34 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 10:30 a.m., 11 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 8:39 a.m., 9:09 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:11 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 11:19 a.m., 11:52 p.m.
Greenport: 12:34 a.m., 12:48 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 1:32 a.m., 1:43 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 12:29 a.m., 12:43 p.m.
New Suffolk: 1:56 a.m., 2:10 p.m.
South Jamesport: 2:03 a.m., 2:17 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 11:12 a.m., 11:49 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 9:21 a.m., 9:58 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.