• Today will be sunny (finally!), with a high near 63 degrees and a west wind 9 to 11 miles per hour. It will be mostly clear overnight, with a low around 40. Saturday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 67. We’re expecting rain on Sunday, heavy at times, with high winds and a high near 67 degrees. New precipitation amounts between three quarters and one inch are possible.
• The US Drug Enforcement Agency is sponsoring a prescription drug take-back day all over the country this Saturday, Oct. 28, including several locations on the East End. Prescriptions may be returned to Peconic Bay Medical Center, Southampton Town’s Flanders and Hampton Bays community centers and to the Southampton Town Police substation in Bridgehampton Commons between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. More details are online here.
• We’re rolling out our coverage this week and into early next week of recent debates for town boards throughout the East End. Today, our coverage of the Southampton Press’s Southampton Town Supervisor and Southampton Town Board races goes live.
• The Sag Harbor Partnership, which has raised $6.25 million of the $8 million needed to buy the Sag Harbor Cinema site, is planning a Casino Night fundraiser at Page Restaurant in downtown Sag Harbor this evening, Oct. 27 from 6 to 10 p.m. Tickets range from $75 to $500. More details are online here.
• North Fork Audubon hosts an Owl Prowl Sunday evening beginning at 5:30 p.m. in Inlet Pond County Park in Greenport. All are welcome to attend. More details are online here.
• Coffin Races? You betcha… They’re coming to Riverhead for the town’s annual HalloweenFest this coming weekend. More details are online here.
• There’s plenty to do on the East End this weekend, and in the weeks ahead. Get the details in our Events Calendar, online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 4:09 a.m., 4:27 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 3:17 a.m., 3:35 p.m.
Greenport: 4:46 a.m., 5:04 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 5:17 a.m., 5:33 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 4:41 a.m., 4:59 p.m.
New Suffolk: 6:08 a.m., 6:26 p.m.
South Jamesport: 6:15 a.m., 6:33 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 1:02 a.m., 1:13 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 5:10 a.m., 5:26 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 4:18 a.m., 4:34 p.m.
Greenport: 5:47 a.m., 6:03 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 6:12 a.m., 6:30 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 5:42 a.m., 5:58 p.m.
New Suffolk: 7:09 a.m., 7:25 p.m.
South Jamesport: 7:16 a.m., 7:32 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 1:52 a.m., 2:05 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.