This Morning’s Bulletin — 10.29.18
• We’re expecting showers and possibly a thunderstorm this morning, with skies clearing throughout the day and a high near 58 degrees, with winds out of the southwest at 9 to 15 miles per hour. It will be partly cloudy overnight, with a low around 37. Tuesday will be sunny, with a high near 54, and Halloween will be mostly sunny, with a high near 61.
• When you enter through the front doors of the Southampton Arts Center on Jobs Lane for the rest of the year, you’ll be greeted by the sounds of whales talking with one another, the smells of the sea and the sand, and a visual explosion of colors you’d only find diving off a coral reef in tropical waters. Find out here how you can be a part of a new exhibition, “Light on the Ocean,” opening this Friday.
• The League of Women Voters of the Hamptons is hosting the only free and public East End Congressional candidate debate between incumbent Republican Congressman Lee Zeldin and his Democratic challenger, Perry Gershon this evening at 7 p.m. at Hampton Bays High School. More details are online here.
• The Mattituck-Laurel Civic Association is hosting a forum titled “How Much More Can Mattituck Take?” this evening at 6:30 p.m. at the Mattituck American Legion Hall. More details are online here.
• The Accabonac Protection Committeewill hold a special forum titled “From the Ice Age to Our Taps: A Forum on Our Drinking Water” tomorrow, Oct. 30 at 5:30 p.m. at Ashawagh Hall. All are welcome to attend.
• Tomorrow is the last day to subscribe in time to receive our November print edition in your mailbox later this week. You’ll read many of our stories in print before you find them here!
• The Beacon’s Week in Review was delivered piping hot to inboxes throughout the East End in the wee hours of Sunday morning. To get your own copy each week, sign up here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 1:36 a.m., 1:55 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 12:44 a.m., 1:03 p.m.
Greenport: 2:13 a.m., 2:32 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 3:11 a.m., 3:25 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 2:08 a.m., 2:27 p.m.
New Suffolk: 3:35 a.m., 3:54 p.m.
South Jamesport: 3:42 a.m., 4:01 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 12:46 a.m., 12:59 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 11:08 a.m., 11:57 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 2:34 a.m., 2:57 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 1:42 a.m., 2:05 p.m.
Greenport: 3:11 a.m., 3:34 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 4:08 a.m., 4:25 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 3:06 a.m., 3:29 p.m.
New Suffolk: 4:33 a.m., 4:56 p.m.
South Jamesport: 4:40 a.m., 5:03 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 1:48 a.m., 2:01 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 12:10 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.