This Morning’s Bulletin — 10.7.19
• There’s a 50 percent chance of showers today, mainly after 3 p.m., with mostly cloudy skies and a high near 75. The wind will be out of the south at 11 to 17 miles per hour, with gusts as high as 29. We’re expecting rain overnight, with a low around 54. There’s a 20 percent chance of rain Tuesday, with mostly cloudy skies and a high near 69. There’s a 50 percent chance of rain Wednesday, with mostly cloudy skies and a high near 64.
• Suffolk County Executive Steve Bellone will join with Riverhead Town Supervisor Laura Jens-Smith this morning to announce that the Town of Riverhead will receive $400,000 in County Jumpstart Program funding to improve pedestrian and bicycle infrastructure in downtown Riverhead. We’ll have more details later today.
• The League of Woman Voters of the Hamptons is partnering with the Hampton Bays Civic Association for a debate between South Fork Suffolk County Legislator Bridget Fleming, a Democrat, and her opponent, former Republican Southampton Town Supervisor Linda Kabot this evening at 7 p.m. at the Hampton Bays Senior Center at 25 Ponquogue Ave. in Hampton Bays. All are welcome to attend.
• Community theater companies throughout the East End hit the boards as the weather began to turn for the launch of a new season of musicals, dramas and who-done-its throughout the region. The Beacon’s full story is online here.
• The Neo-political Cowgirls and Ille Arts in Amagansett are partnering next Saturday, Oct. 12 on a discussion on the “challenges of sustaining creative endeavors and the outlook for women in creative entrepreneurship on the East End of Long Island and beyond.” More details are online here.
• The Beacon’s Week in Review was delivered piping hot to inboxes throughout the East End in the wee hours of Sunday morning. To get your own copy each week, sign up here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 5:59 a.m., 6:24 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 5:07 a.m., 5:32 p.m.
Greenport: 6:36 a.m., 7:01 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 7:17 a.m., 7:40 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 6:31 a.m., 6:56 p.m.
New Suffolk: 7:58 a.m., 8:23 p.m.
South Jamesport: 8:05 a.m., 8:30 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 4:46 a.m., 5:08 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 2:55 a.m., 3:17 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 6:55 a.m., 7:16 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 6:03 a.m., 6:24 p.m.
Greenport: 7:32 a.m., 7:53 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 8:14 a.m., 8:36 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 7:27 a.m., 7:48 p.m.
New Suffolk: 8:54 a.m., 9:15 p.m.
South Jamesport: 9:01 a.m., 9:22 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 5:44 a.m., 6:04 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 3:53 a.m., 4:13 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.