• We’re expecting sunny skies today, with a high temperature near 75 degrees and a west wind 5 to 8 miles per hour. There’s a 30 percent chance of rain overnight and into Saturday morning up until 9 a.m., with a low overnight around 47. Saturday is expected to be mostly sunny, with a high near 61, and Sunday is expected to be sunny, with a high near 64.
• This year’s Hamptons International Film Festival, kicking off today and running through Oct. 16 at several venues on the South Fork and Shelter Island, highlights numerous films that focus on the planet’s environmental fight, as well as human conflict, both local and international Read More.
• Live local theater is returning to the East End in force this month, with local productions opening in October at four prominent community theater groups, including the RFCT’s “A Doll’s House, Part 2” in Jamesport this weekend. Read More.
• The Sag Harbor Fire Department at 1357 Brick Kiln Road in Sag Harbor hosts a New York Blood Center blood drive today from 2 to 8 p.m. Appointments are recommended and can be made online here.
• The Parrish Art Museum’s Salon Series continues this evening with Niccolò Ronchi on piano and Anastasia Mazurok on violin at 6 p.m. Tickets are $25 for general admission and $15 for members, students & children. More details are at parrishart.org.
• The Quogue Wildlife Refuge hosts a Full Moon Night Hike tonight at 6:30 p.m. Reservation s are required for this popular event, which costs $10 for members and $20 for non-members. Register online at quoguewildliferefuge.org. On Sunday, the Friends of the Long Pond Greenbelt hold a free Full “Hunters Moon” Hike at the South Fork Natural History Museum at 7 p.m. Email email@example.com to register.
• Numerous local events have been rescheduled from last weekend’s rain-out to this weekend, including the Southold Historical Society Antiques, Arts & Crafts Fair, held on the historical society’s museum grounds in conjunction with the Old Town Arts & Crafts Guild, to be held Saturday and Sunday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., the Westhampton Chamber of Commerce’s Fall Festival on the Great Lawn from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. SouthamptonFest will also be held all weekend in Southampton Village.
• A 25th Anniversary Celebration of the Long Pond Greenbelt will be held at the South Fork Natural History Museum, 377 Bridgehampton-Sag Harbor Turnpike on Saturday, Oct. 8 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Family-friendly guided trail walks, games, crafts and activities by local environmental and community groups More info is at sofo.org.
• CAST in Southold hosts a Brass & Blues concert with New Moon Acoustic Blues, Brass Queens and Tula Vera this Sunday, Oct 9 from 3 to 7 on the great lawn at CAST’s new location at 53930 Main Road in Southold, as part of the agency’s new arts and culture initiative. Admission is free but donations are appreciated. Here’s more info.
• Anyone wishing to create a 10X10-inch work of art for auction in VSOP Projects’ annual 10X10=100 art sale to benefit CAST and WLIW-FM can pick up the panels to create their works at CAST’s headquarters, 53930 Main Road in Southold, today and Thursday & Friday, Oct. 13 and 14. The sale begins Saturday, Dec. 3 at VSOP Projects in Greenport. Here’s more info.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 8:19 a.m., 8:43 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 7:27 a.m., 7:51 p.m.
Greenport: 8:56 a.m., 9:20 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 9:55 a.m., 10:19 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 8:51 a.m., 9:15 p.m.
New Suffolk: 10:18 a.m., 10:42 p.m.
South Jamesport: 10:25 a.m., 10:49 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 7:37 a.m., 7:57 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 5:46 a.m., 6:06 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 9:05 a.m., 9:28 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 8:13 a.m., 8:36 p.m.
Greenport: 9:42 a.m., 10:05 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 10:44 a.m., 11:09 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 9:37 a.m., 10 p.m.
New Suffolk: 11:04 a.m., 11:27 p.m.
South Jamesport: 11:11 a.m., 11:34 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 8:27 a.m., 8:45 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 6:36 a.m., 6:54 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.