This Morning’s Bulletin — 11.04.15
• Today will be another beautiful day, with sunny skies and a high near 67 degrees. The wind will be calm, becoming east 5 to 7 mph in the morning. Tonight we’re expecting patchy fog after 4 a.m. but otherwise it will be mostly clear, with a low around 52. We’re expecting patchy fog before 9 a.m. tomorrow, but otherwise it will be mostly sunny, with a high near 68. Friday, we’re expecting scattered showers, mainly before noon, but otherwise it will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 68.
• It was a night for incumbents in town races across the East End, with all incumbant town supervisors and sitting town council members re-elected to their seats. The Beacon’s full story is online here.
• The Southold Town Board gets back to work bright and early today, with a 9 a.m. work session where they’ll discuss the Benjamin Franklin mile markers, the town fire marshal and the town’s fund balance. They will hold an evening meeting at 7 p.m. The full agenda for both meetings is online here.
• The Riverhead Town Board meets today at 2 p.m. They’ll be holding public hearings on the 2016 budget, on Community Development Block Grant requests, on microbreweries, public alcohol consumption on Sundays and an unsafe building on Griffing Avenue. Their full list of public hearings is online here.
• MaryLaura Lamott will give a talk and slide presentation on the fabulous and rarely seen artwork of the Old Mastic House, featuring a variety of mediums from oil paintings and watercolors to pencil sketches, tonight at 6 p.m. at the Suffolk County Historical Museum in Riverhead. More information is online here. [$5/members free]
• The Riverhead Water District will conduct a fall flushing of water mains from Nov. 8 through Nov. 14 between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. in the following areas: Roanoke Ave (at intersection with Middle Road) to Reeves Ave, Reeves Avenue to Doctors Path, Doctors Path to Middle Road and Middle Road to Roanoke Avenue. They’re advising customers in those areas to check their water for discoloration before doing laundry. For more information, call the Riverhead Water District at 631.727.3205 or 631.727.3200 Ext. 234.
• Southold Town has a new online portal where you can pay your property taxes, and also purchase dog licenses, beach, transfer station and shellfishing permits. The portal is online here.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.