• It will be sunny today, with the temperature falling to around 50 by 10 a.m., with a west wind 20 to 22 miles per hour, with gusts as high as 46. It will be clear overnight, with a low around 31. We’re expecting areas of frost before 9 a.m. Saturday, with sunny skies and a high near 54. Sunday will also be sunny, with a high near 54.
• The Southampton Cultural Center will host a Cuban Salsa Social Evening this evening from 7 to 10 p.m. New York City band Son Milanes will perform, and light refreshments will be served. Tickets are $25. More details are online here.
• The South Fork Natural History Museum’s Fifth Annual Climate Change Conversation is tomorrow afternoon from 1:30 to 5 p.m. More details are online here.
• Canio’s Books in Sag Harbor will host a literary costume party and a celebration of the 20th Anniversary of Kathryn Szoka and Maryanne Calandrille’s ownership of the bookstore tomorrow, Nov. 2, from 5 to 7 p.m. More details are online here.
• Group for the East End is hosting the first of two parts of a cleanup of the Bay to Sound Trail in Greenport on Sunday from 1 to 3:30 p.m. More details are online here.
• There’s plenty to do on the East End this weekend, and in the weeks ahead. Get the details in our Events Calendar.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 1:19 a.m., 1:41 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 12:27 a.m., 12:49 p.m.
Greenport: 1:56 a.m., 2:18 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 2:54 a.m., 3:11 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 1:51 a.m., 2:13 p.m.
New Suffolk: 3:18 a.m., 3:40 p.m.
South Jamesport: 3:25 a.m., 3:47 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 12:33 a.m., 12:56 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 11:05 a.m., 11:39 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 2:15 a.m., 2:38 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 2:52 a.m., 3:15 p.m.
Greenport: 3:48 a.m., 4:05 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 2:47 a.m., 3:10 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 4:14 a.m., 4:37 p.m.
New Suffolk: 4:14 a.m., 4:37 p.m.
South Jamesport: 4:21 a.m., 4:44 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 1:3 a.m., 1:50 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 11:59 a.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.