• Today will be mostly sunny, with a high near 40 degrees and wind chill values between 20 and 30, with a northwest wind around 17 miles per hour, gusting as high as 28. It will be partly cloudy overnight, with a low around 21. There’s a slight chance of snow and sleet between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. Thursday, then rain, snow and sleet later in the day. Little to no accumulation is expected. The high Thursday will be near 41 degrees. We’re expecting rain Friday, mainly before noon, with an east wind and a high near 49.
• We were honored to visit this weekend with veterans from Strongpoint Theinert Ranch at Shelter Island’s Mashomack Preserve, where they had just completed a weekend of service projects and time together in nature. Our full story is online here.
• “Lawyers are a scourge, a plague maybe even “a pox on both your houses.” Aren’t they?” Beacon columnist Tim Kelly reflects this month on the pros and cons of a lawyer-filled family.
• The Riverhead Middle School will host a Federal Aviation Administration hearing on helicopter traffic along the North Shore Route this evening, Nov. 14 from 7 to 9 p.m. More details are online here.
• Designers of the proposed Riverside Maritime Trail Park will present their plan for the park to the Southampton Town Board at a special work session tomorrow, Nov. 15 at 6 p.m., at the Crohan Community Center in Flanders.
• The Long Island Meditation Center at the former Grange Hall at 5268 Sound Avenue in Northville is hosting a Thanksgiving vegetarian dinner for the community from 2 to 5 p.m. on Thanksgiving. All are welcome. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org or 632.804.8717 or 347.837.0409.
Plum Gut Harbor: 2:27 a.m., 2:46 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 1:35 a.m., 1:54 p.m.
Greenport: 3:04 a.m., 3:23 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 3:44 a.m., 4:01 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 2:59 a.m., 3:18 p.m.
New Suffolk: 4:26 a.m., 4:45 p.m.
South Jamesport: 4:33 a.m., 4:52 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 1:28 a.m., 1:38 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 11:47 a.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 3:28 a.m., 3:46 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 2:36 a.m., 2:54 p.m.
Greenport: 4:05 a.m., 4:23 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 4:38 a.m., 4:57 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 4 a.m., 4:18 p.m.
New Suffolk: 5:27 a.m., 5:45 p.m.
South Jamesport: 5:34 a.m., 5:52 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 2:18 a.m., 2:28 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 12:27 a.m., 12:37 p.m.