• We’re expecting sunny skies today, with a high temperature near 61 degrees and a west wind 5 to 9 miles per hour. It will be clear overnight, with a low aroudn 39. We’re expecting increasing clouds on Friday, with a high near 64, and cloudy skies Saturday morning, gradually clearing, with a 40 percent chance of rain before 1 p.m. and the temperature rising to near 56 by 10 a.m. and then falling into the 40s throughout the day.
• The East Hampton Town Board will hold public hearings on the Benson Reserve Management Plan, amending the town code to prohibit e-bikes and electric scooters on sidewalks and scenic easements at its 11 a.m. meeting this morning. Here’s the agenda, and the meeting can be viewed live on LTV’s YouTube channel.
• The Southampton Town Board’s work session for today has been cancelled. Information on the Riverhead Town Board’s work session is online here. The Greenport Village Board plans to adopt a resolution pledging to be a Pro-Housing Community at its 6 p.m. work session this evening. Here’s the agenda.
• Mattituck Park District elections are this afternoon and evening from 3 to 8 p.m. at the Park District headquarters at Veteran’s Memorial Park on Peconic Bay Boulevard. Alexandra Getches, who designs native gardens, is the sole candidate for commissioner.
• CAST in Southold will be providing Thanksgiving dinners to more than 500 people this holiday, and are seeking turkeys and chickens, non-perishable Thanksgiving essentials, gift cards to local grocery stores and financial donations to support the program. Donations can be dropped off at their office at 53930 Main Road in Southold, and financial contributions can be mailed to P.O. Box 1566, Southold NY 11971 or online here. CAST is also looking for volunteers to pack and distribute baskets — call Volunteer Coordinator Moira Raynor at 631.477.1717 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to help.
• The East End Arts Harvest Gospel Concert will be held 7 p.m. Friday, Nov. 17 at Galilee Church of God in Christ at 87 Old Quogue Road, Riverhead and at 7 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 18 at Friendship Baptist Church, 59 Anchor Road in Riverside. Admission is free — more details, and a link to reserve a seat, are at eastendarts.org.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 11:23 a.m.
Montauk Harbor: 10:31 a.m., 11:09 p.m.
Greenport: Noon 12:47 a.m., 12:54 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 12:47 a.m., 12:54 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 11:55 a.m.
New Suffolk: 1:11 a.m., 1:22 p.m.
South Jamesport: 1:18 a.m., 1:29 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 10:26 a.m., 11:01 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 8:35 a.m., 9:10 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:01 a.m., 12:16 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 11:24 a.m.
Greenport: 12:38 a.m., 12:53 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 1:35 a.m., 1:46 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 12:33 a.m., 12:48 p.m.
New Suffolk: 2 a.m., 2:15 p.m.
South Jamesport: 2:07 a.m., 2:22 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 11:21 a.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 9:30 a.m., 10:12 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.