• We’re expecting sunny skies today, with a high temperature near 43 degrees and a north wind 7 to 13 miles per hour. It will be partly cloudy overnight, with a low around 24 and wind chill values between 15 and 20, with a northeast wind around 7 miles per hour. We’re expecting increasing clouds on Tuesday, with a high near 48, and rain on Wednesday, mostly early, with mostly cloudy skies, a high near 59 and a southeast wind 15 to 22 miles per hour, becoming northwest in the afternoon.
• The Amagansett American Legion at 15 Montauk Highway in Amagansett hosts a New York Blood Center blood drive today from 11:45 a.m. to 7:45 p.m. Walk-ins are welcome, but appointments can also be made here.
• Riverhead’s United Methodist Church at 204 East Main Street hosts a special interfaith Thanksgiving Service sponsored by the Riverhead Clergy Council tomorrow evening, Nov. 21 at 6 p.m. The offering will be sent to St. John the Baptist Ukrainian Church to support the people of Ukraine. All are welcome.
• The Southold Town Highway Department has announced they will be picking up bagged leaves only — no brush or branches — from residences throughout the town beginning Dec. 1. Residents are asked to have their bagged leaves curbside before Dec. 1, since the Highway Department will only be coming through once. And if you can’t fit all your leaves in bags, consider leaving some on your garden beds to build up organic matter and provide habitat for beneficial creatures through the winter. You’ll notice the difference next year.
• Riverhead Town has announced it will be holding its second annual Rudolph’s River Run, a 4-mile run along the river from the Tanger Outlets to West Main Street, on Sunday, Dec. 3 at 9 a.m., sponsored by RXR and GGV, the firms working to redevelop the area around the Riverhead train station. Here’s more info.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 3:03 a.m., 3:26 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 2:11 a.m., 2:34 p.m.
Greenport: 3:40 a.m., 4:03 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 4:31 a.m., 4:53 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 3:35 a.m., 3:58 p.m.
New Suffolk: 5:02 a.m., 5:25 p.m.
South Jamesport: 5:09 a.m., 5:32 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 2:09 a.m., 2:27 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 12:18 a.m., 12:36 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 4:10 a.m., 4:32 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 3:18 a.m., 3:40 p.m.
Greenport: 4:47 a.m., 5:09 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 5:33 a.m., 5:59 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 4:42 a.m., 5:04 p.m.
New Suffolk: 6:09 a.m., 6:31 p.m.
South Jamesport: 6:16 a.m., 6:38 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 3:10 a.m., 3:28 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 1:19 a.m., 1:37 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.