• We’re expecting rain and possibly a thunderstorm before 11 a.m, today, tapering off by afternoon, with a high temperature around 55 degrees. Light and variable winds will become nrthwest 11 to 16 miles per hour. It will be clear overnight, with a low around 26. We’re expecting sunny skies, with a high near 42 on Thanksgiving Day. Friday will be sunny, with a high near 48.
• You’ll be forgiven, for now, if you’ve never heard of a sport called Pétanque. A cousin of bocce ball, the French sport of Pétanque is played all over the world but it hasn’t really had a breakthrough in the continental U.S. New Suffolk resident Michelle Roussan is on a mission to change all that. Read The Beacon’s full story online here.
• The Riverhead Winter Farmers’ Market will re-open this Saturday, Nov. 25, thanks to new sponsorship by the non-profit LI Greenmarket Inc. More details are online here.
• Center Stage’s production of “A Christmas Carol: A Live Radio Play” opens Friday at 7 p.m. at the Southampton Cultural Center, and continues through Dec. 3.
• The Morning Bulletin is taking Thanksgiving and Friday off, but we’ll see you again next Monday. Meanwhile, catch up on the goings on on the East End in our Events Calendar.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:11 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 11:19 a.m., 11:55 p.m.
Greenport: 12:35 a.m., 12:48 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 1:21 a.m., 1:29 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 12:30 a.m., 12:43 p.m.
New Suffolk: 1:57 a.m., 2:10 p.m.
South Jamesport: 2:04 a.m., 2:17 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 9:15 a.m., 9:49 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:47 a.m., 12:58 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 12:06 p.m.
Greenport: 1:24 a.m., 1:35 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 2:04 a.m., 2:13 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 1:19 a.m., 1:30 p.m.
New Suffolk: 2:46 a.m., 2:57 p.m.
South Jamesport: 2:53 a.m., 3:04 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 9:57 a.m., 10:36 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.