• We’re expecting sunny skies today, with a high temperature near 47 degrees and wind chill values between 25 and 35, with a northwest wind 5 to 7 miles per hour. It will be mostly clear overnight, with a low around 28. Wednesday will be sunny, with a high near 52, and Thanksgiving Day will be sunny, with a high near 51.
• A long-abandoned bright blue former boarding house on Flanders Road was demolished by Southampton Town contractors on Friday, paving the way for the property to be used for water quality improvement purposes. Read More.
• The Southampton Town Board will hold public hearings on rebuilding the Bridgehampton Senior Center, a zone change proposal for 104 affordable rental apartments on South Country Road in Quiogue and on landmarking the former Wheatena Duck Farm Residence in Speonk at its 6 p.m. meeting this evening. Here’s the agenda, and the meeting can be viewed live on Sea-TV’s YouTube channel.
• The newly-formed Cutchogue Civic Association will hold its inaugural meeting next Monday, Nov. 28 at 6 p.m. at the Cutchogue-New Suffolk Free Library. The guest speakers will be Liz Casey Searl and Kathryn Casey Quigley, founders of the Peconic Community School, who will discuss the school’s purchase of the former Our Lady of Mercy Regional Catholic School. All are welcome to attend.
• The Friends of the Shelter Island Library’s annual Turkey Plunge returns to Crescent Beach on Saturday, Nov. 26 at 11 a.m. — it will be held rain, snow or shine. Participants are welcome to come in costume — literary characters are a favorite. The registration fee is $25 in advance or $30 on the day of the plunge. Register online here.
• The Oysterponds Historical Society’s Beach Plum Holiday Shop will be open again this year, starting on Saturday, Nov. 26, from noon to 4 p.m., with unique gifts, decorations, ornaments, North Fork art, traditional crafts, and OHS merchandise. Here’s more info.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 8:01 a.m., 8:25 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 7:09 a.m., 7:33 p.m.
Greenport: 8:38 a.m., 9:02 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 9:30 a.m., 10:02 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 8:33 a.m., 8:57 p.m.
New Suffolk: 10 a.m., 10:24 p.m.
South Jamesport: 10:07 a.m., 10:31 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 7:13 a.m., 7:30 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 5:22 a.m., 5:39 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 8:41 a.m., 9:08 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 7:49 a.m., 8:16 p.m.
Greenport: 9:18 a.m., 9:45 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 10:14 a.m., 10:48 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 9:13 a.m., 9:40 p.m.
New Suffolk: 10:40 a.m., 11:07 p.m.
South Jamesport: 10:47 a.m., 11:14 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 7:56 a.m., 8:17 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 6:05 a.m., 6:26 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.