• We’re expecting areas of frost before 9 a.m. today, but otherwise it will be partly sunny, with a high near 44 degrees but wind chill values between 20 and 30 degrees. Tonight will be mostly clear, with a low around 24. Wednesday will be sunny, with a high near 49, but temperatures begin to warm later in the week, with partly sunny skies and a high near 60 on Thanksgiving day. We’re expectng partly sunny skies, with a high near 61, on Friday.
• After weeks of car break-ins, two home invasions and a murder on the street in Flanders and Riverside, residents of both neighborhoods are planning to turn up en masse at the Southampton Town Board’s meeting this evening at 6 p.m. to ask for a greater police presence in their neighborhoods. In the past week, police have arrested one man in connection with the car break-ins and three other suspects in connection with the home invasion. The agenda for the board meeting is online here.
• Breakwater Yacht Club in Sag Harbor is hosting a Toys For Tots event and a discussion of water quality issues beginning at 4:30 p.m. on Dec. 6. Group for the East End President Bob DeLuca will discuss questions about the condition of and threats to the waters surrounding Sag Harbor Village and the Breakwater Yacht Club is asking the public to bring an unwrapped toy to the event. They’ll also be serving refreshments and holiday treats. The Breakwater Yacht Club is a Community Sailing Center located at 51 Bay Street in Sag Harbor, and can be reached at 631.725.4603.
• The moon is not quite full tonight, but nature groups are celebrating anyway. The Quogue Wildlife Refuge hosts a full moon hike beginning at 4:45 p.m. this afternoon [$5] and the South Fork Natural History Museum and the Friends of the Long Pond Greenbelt are also hosting a free Frost Moon Hike in Bridgehampton beginning at 6 p.m.
• It’s not too late to register to trot off your turkey dinner. The Mattituck-Cutchogue Teachers Association is hosting a Turkey Trot beginning at 9 a.m. on Thanksgiving and Montauk hosts its Turkey Day Run For Fun beginning at 8 a.m. on the Montauk Green. The Southampton Trails Preservation Society hosts a Walk-It-Off Walk in the Long Pond Greenbelt beginning at 10 a.m. on Friday, and the East Hampton Trails Preservation Society hosts two Day-After-Turkey hikes on Barcelona Neck beginning at 10 a.m. Friday. The Beacon’s full Thanksgiving listings are online here.
• We’re busy at Beacon headquarters putting together our holiday events listings. If you are organizing an event that you’d like to list, please send the details to email@example.com. Thank you!
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.