• We’re expecting a slight chance of rain and snow showers before 10 a.m., with partly sunny skies today and a high near 44, with a northwest wind 5 to 14 miles per hour. It will be partly cloudy overnight, with a low around 24. Tuesday will be partly sunny, with a high near 44 and Wednesday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 49.
• The South Fork Wind Farm has received a favorable Record of Decision from the federal Bureau of Ocean Energy Management (BOEM), the final step in BOEM’s environmental review of the project. BOEM now would need to issue the final approval for the wind farm’s Construction and Operations Plan, expected in January, before work can begin. Read more about the onshore work expected to begin early in the new year.
• The warmth of a nostalgic 1940s radio show is a welcome thing at any holiday season, and this year Southampton’s Center Stage plans not to disappoint. Longtime director Michael Disher returns to the Southampton Cultural Center this December with a production of “Miracle on 34th Street, A Live Musical Radio Play,” running weekends from Dec. 3 through Dec. 12. Read more.
• The Greenport American Legion Roller Rink at 102 Third Street in Greenport hosts a New York Blood Center blood drive this afternoon and evening from 1 to 7 p.m. Appointments are recommended and can be made online here.
• Suffolk County reported 274 new cases of Covid-19 on Friday, Nov. 26, with 5.3 percent of people tested testing positive. There were 147 people hospitalized with the virus in the county, with 26 of them in ICU. The county reported four new fatalities from the virus, bringing the death toll here to 3,677 people. Sixty-eight percent of the total population of Suffolk was fully vaccinated against the virus as of Nov. 26, with 81.7 percent of the population ages 18 and up fully vaccinated.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 5:19 a.m., 5:34 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 4:27 a.m., 4:42 p.m.
Greenport: 5:56 a.m., 6:11 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 6:29 a.m., 6:53 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 5:51 a.m., 6:06 p.m.
New Suffolk: 7:18 a.m., 7:33 p.m.
South Jamesport: 7:25 a.m., 7:40 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 4:04 a.m., 4:09 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 2:13 a.m., 2:18 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 6:04 a.m., 6:22 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 5:12 a.m., 5:30 p.m.
Greenport: 6:41 a.m., 6:59 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 7:21 a.m., 7:48 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 6:36 a.m., 6:54 p.m.
New Suffolk: 8:03 a.m., 8:21 p.m.
South Jamesport: 8:10 a.m., 8:28 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 4:59 a.m., 5:11 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 3:08 a.m., 3:20 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.