• It will be sunny today, with a high temperature near 54 degrees and a north wind 13 to 16 miles per hour. We’re expecting areas of frost after midnight, with clear skies and a low around 23. Saturday will be sunny, with a high near 52. The low Saturday night will be around 30 degrees, with areas of frost again possible into Sunday, which will be sunny, with a high near 57 degrees.
• The Southampton Arts Center hosts a reception to honor the artists in its sculpture garden exhibition “Whimsy” this evening from 6 to 8 p.m. RSVPs are requested, online here.
• The Eastport Fire Department at 21 Union Avenue in Eastport hosts a New York Blood Center blood drive tomorrow, Nov. 6, from 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Appointments are recommended, online here.
• The Horticultural Alliance of the Hamptons will hold a roundtable discussion on “Tasks to Prepare a Garden for Winter” on Saturday, Nov. 6 at 10 a.m. at the Bridgehampton Community House. Visit HAHgarden.org or call 631.537.2223 for more details.
• The New York Marine Rescue Center will hold a Zoom lecture on Saving Cold-Stunned Sea Turtles on Saturday, Oct. 6 at 2 p.m. Attendees will learn how they can help stranded sea turtles on the Long Island coast. Register at nymarinerescue.org.
• Online registration is now open for the virtual Hope For The Warriors 14th Annual Run For The Warriors, Long Island taking place Nov. 6 through 13. The virtual event allows for all levels of runners, walkers and adaptive cyclists with each participant picking his/her own distance, course and start time.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 10:27 a.m., 10:55 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 9:35 a.m., 10:03 p.m.
Greenport: 11:04 a.m., 11:32 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 12:03 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 10:59 a.m., 11:27 p.m.
New Suffolk: 12:05 a.m., 12:26 p.m.
South Jamesport: 12:12 a.m., 12:33 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 9:45 a.m., 10:06 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 7:54 a.m., 8:15 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 11:17 a.m., 11:47 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 10:25 a.m., 10:55 p.m.
Greenport: 11:54 a.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 12:36 a.m., 12:52 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 11:49 a.m.
New Suffolk: 12:54 a.m., 1:16 p.m.
South Jamesport: 1:01 a.m., 1:23 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 10:33 a.m., 10:58 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 8:42 a.m., 9:07 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.