• We’re expecting patchy frost before 8 a.m., but otherwise sunny skies, with a high near 63 degrees and a calm wind becoming northwest 5 to 8 miles per hour. Clouds will increase overnight, with a low around 37 degrees. It will be mostly cloudy Wednesday, with a high near 59, and sunny on Thursday, with a high near 55.
• Find out more about some of the local races and issues in today’s election by taking a look through The Beacon’s recent elections stories, which we’ve compiled online here. We’ll also be providing updates here and on our Twitter account, @eastendbeacon, as polls close tonight.
• The Bay Street Theatre is opening up its doors to the community tonight, beginning at 7:30 p.m., to watch the election results come in on the big screen. This event is free and open to all, and the theater’s lobby bar will provide refreshments. More details are online here.
• The North Fork United Methodist Church in Cutchogue will hold its annual Election Night scallop dinner tonight from 5 to 8 p.m. For tickets or more information, call 631.734.6033.
• The U.S. EPA has issued a rule establishing one dredge spoil dumping site in the eastern Long Island Sound, despite New York lawmakers’ threats of legal action against the federal government over the ruling. The Beacon’s full story is online here.
• Dr. Sandeep Gandhi will discuss the latest updates on the Zika Virus, its history, the threat of the virus to those who become infected, and how it can be spread at the Quogue Library this evening at 6 p.m. More details are online here.
• Southampton Town is inviting the public to attend an informational meeting on the future design of the Ponquogue Beach pavilion next Tuesday, Nov. 15 at 6 p.m. at the Hampton Bays Elementary School on Ponquogue Avenue. More details are online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
MTK Hbr: 3:11 a.m., 3:24 p.m.
Orient: 4:12 a.m., 4:25 p.m.
Greenport: 4:40 a.m., 4:53 p.m.
Sag Hbr: 4:35 a.m., 4:48 p.m.
N. Suffolk: 6:02 a.m., 6:15 p.m.
S. JPT: 6:09 a.m., 6:22 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 12:46 a.m., 1:03 p.m.
MTK Hbr: 4:05 a.m., 4:20 p.m.
Orient: 5:06 a.m., 5:21 p.m.
Greenport: 5:34 a.m., 5:49 p.m.
Sag Hbr: 5:29 a.m., 5:44 p.m.
N. Suffolk: 6:56 a.m., 7:11 p.m.
S. JPT: 7:03 a.m., 7:18 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 1:43 a.m., 2:03 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.