• We’re expecting areas of frost before 9 a.m. today, but otherwise it will be sunny, with a high near 60 degrees but wind chill values between 25 and 35 early, with a north wind 5 to 9 miles per hour. We’re expecting patchy frost overnight, with mostly clear skies and a low around 34. Tuesday will be sunny, with a high near 64 and Wednesday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 62.
• As many of us have witnessed these past several years, a polarization of sorts has permeated not only our country, but much of the global population. At the moment, this doesn’t appear to ebbing anytime soon. Beacon columnist Dave Davis talks this month about his take on this state of affairs in Dave’s Desk@Ditch.
• Literature Live presents Shakespeare’s “Macbeth” at Bay Street Theatre, 1 Bay Street, Sag Harbor, opening tomorrow night, Nov. 9, at 8 p.m., with a talkback after the show. The show will then be available for streaming through Dec. 5. More info is online at baystreet.org.
• The North Fork Environmental Council is currently holding a Giving Thanks 50/50 raffle to support their work protecting the North Fork’s Environment. You can print out a copy of the raffle ticket to mail in to them online here. The raffle will be drawn on Nov. 26.
• The South Fork Wind Farm will hold a virtual open house on Monday, Nov. 15, 2021 at 6 p.m. to discuss their upcoming construction. Here’s how to register.
• Suffolk County reported 362 new cases of Covid-19 on Friday, Nov. 5, with 2.9 percent of people tested testing positive. There were 136 people hospitalized with the virus in the county, with 36 of them in ICU. The county reported one new fatality, bringing the death toll from the virus here to 3,641 people.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:08 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 11:16 a.m., 11:50 p.m.
Greenport: 12:20 a.m., 12:45 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 1:20 a.m., 1:38 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 12:15 a.m., 12:40 p.m.
New Suffolk: 1:42 a.m., 2:07 p.m.
South Jamesport: 1:49 a.m., 2:14 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 11:21 a.m., 11:58 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 9:30 a.m., 10:07 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:42 a.m., 1:09 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 12:17 p.m.
Greenport: 1:19 a.m., 1:46 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 2:18 a.m., 2:38 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 1:14 a.m., 1:41 p.m.
New Suffolk: 2:41 a.m., 3:08 p.m.
South Jamesport: 2:48 a.m., 3:15 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 12:23 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 10:32 a.m., 11:11 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.