• Today will be mostly sunny, with a high near 57 degrees and a west wind 7 to 12 miles per hour, increasing to 13 to 18 miles per hour in the afternoon. It will be partly cloudy overnight, with a low around 34. Tuesday will be sunny, with a high near 41 degrees and a northwest wind 14 to 16 miles per hour. Wednesday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 37.
• Save the Sound and The Nature Conservancy have launched a multi-month process to develop a vision for the future of Plum Island. The groups held their first workshop, titled “Envision Plum Island,” with more than 50 stakeholders, at Cornell Cooperative Extension of Suffolk County’s headquarters in Riverhead Nov. 16. The Beacon’s full story is online here.
• Today is the final day of the Hamptons Doc Fest, with a free afternoon and evening-long series of documentary films to be screened at Bay Street Theatre in Sag Harbor, courtesy of Douglas Elliman Real Estate. More details are online here.
• Landscape designers working on a plan for the Riverside Maritime Trail Park, a 14-acre swath of public land across the Peconic River from downtown Riverhead, are expected to present their final plan to the Southampton Town Board next week. Get the details in our sister publication, The Peconic Bathtub.
• Our Peconic Dish columnist Alison Boyd has a great two-dish brunch recipe for entertaining during the holidays — a vegetable strada and cream scones. Here they are.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 6:26 a.m., 6:50 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 5:34 a.m., 5:58 p.m.
Greenport: 7:03 a.m., 7:27 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 7:53 a.m., 8:23 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 6:58 a.m., 7:22 p.m.
New Suffolk: 8:25 a.m., 8:49 p.m.
South Jamesport: 8:32 a.m., 8:56 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 5:34 a.m., 5:51 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 3:43 a.m., 4 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 7:12 a.m., 7:36 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 6:20 a.m., 6:44 p.m.
Greenport: 7:49 a.m., 8:13 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 8:44 a.m., 9:14 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 7:44 a.m., 8:08 p.m.
New Suffolk: 9:11 a.m., 9:35 p.m.
South Jamesport: 9:18 a.m., 9:42 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 6:27 a.m., 6:44 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 4:36 a.m., 4:53 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.