This Morning’s Bulletin — 12.1.22
• We’re exepecting sunny skies today, with a high temperature near 43 degrees and a west wind 18 to 23 miles per hour. It will be mostly clear overnight, with a low around 29. We’re expecting increasing clouds, on Friday, with a high near 52. Rain is likely on Saturday, with a high near 60 and a south wind increasing to 23 to 28 miles per hour in the afternoon.
• An application for a new battery energy storage system on Oregon Road in Cutchogue will be heard by Southold Town Zoning Board of Appeals this afternoon, and by the town’s Planning Board next Monday. Here are more details, and here’s the Zoom login for the ZBA meeting.
• The Riverhead Town Board will hear presentations from developers of a project proposed by TomCat Realty on Scott Avenue in EPCAL; on a proposed new mixed-use building on the Main Street site of the former Sears building; and on traffic on Meetinghouse Creek Road in Aquebogue at its 10 a.m. work session this morning. Here’s the agenda and the meeting can be viewed live here.
• The Southampton Town Board will hold a private executive session to discuss personnel matters this morning at 10 a.m., followed by a public work session on the proposed redevelopment of the former Bel-Aire Cove Motel property at 20 Shinnecock Road in Hampton Bays. Here’s the agenda, and the meeting can be viewed live on Sea-TV’s YouTube channel.
• The East Hampton Town Board will hold public hearings on amending urban renewal maps, on installing numerous stop signs in Springs and Montauk and on a scenic and conservation easement for the McDonough property. Here’s the agenda, and the meeting can be viewed live on LTV’s YouTube channel.
• The Beacon’s December print edition will be on newsstands throughout the East End by the end of the day today. Pick up a copy at one of these local newsstands. You’ll read much of our coverage in print before you find it online, and our print edition supports much of the work we do.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 3:59 a.m., 4:22 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 3:07 a.m., 3:30 p.m.
Greenport: 4:36 a.m., 4:59 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 5:23 a.m., 5:50 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 4:31 a.m., 4:54 p.m.
New Suffolk: 5:58 a.m., 6:21 p.m.
South Jamesport: 6:05 a.m., 6:28 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 3:02 a.m., 3:19 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 1:11 a.m., 1:28 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 5:03 a.m., 5:24 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 4:11 a.m., 4:32 p.m.
Greenport: 5:40 a.m., 6:01 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 6:24 a.m., 6:52 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 5:35 a.m., 5:56 p.m.
New Suffolk: 7:02 a.m., 7:23 p.m.
South Jamesport: 7:09 a.m., 7:30 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 4:01 a.m., 4:17 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 2:10 a.m., 2:26 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.