• Today will be mostly sunny, with a high near 50 degrees and a west wind 10 to 16 miles per hour. Friday night will be partly cloudy, with a low around 33. Saturday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 47 and Sunday will be sunny, with a high near 43.
• New York Governor Andrew Cuomo has signed legislation that will allow East Hampton Town to finance improvements to its airport over a longer period of time, in an attempt to help free the town from being required to accept all aircraft as a condition of receiving grant funding from the Federal Aviation Administration. The Beacon’s full story is online here.
• Throughout the East End, actors are busy burnishing familiar stories of the holiday season to present to the community in the upcoming weeks. Read The Beacon’s full story online here.
• The New York State Department of Transportation is repaving the intersection of County Road 48 and Main Street in Greenport this week. Work began yesterday, Dec. 1, and is expected to continue on weekdays between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. through next Monday, Dec. 5. Alternating two-way traffic will be controlled by flaggers. In this long-awaited project, the top layer of the damaged pavement will be removed and replaced with new asphalt, and fresh pavement markings will then be installed.
• The South Street Gallery in Greenport hosts its 10th Annual 10X10=$100 art show and sale to benefit the North Fork Environmental Council this weekend. Works can be previewed in the gallery from noon to 9 p.m. today, Dec. 2, and the sale begins on Saturday, Dec. 3 at 6 p.m. All works are created on 10″X10″ birch boards. More details are online here.
• The fourth annual winter farmer’s market reopens in downtown Riverhead tomorrow, Dec. 3 at 117 East Main Street, across from the Suffolk Theater. The market is open from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturdays from Dec. 3 to April 29, 2017, including Christmas Eve Day and New Year’s Eve Day. More details are online here.
• The Beacon’s events calendar is chock-full of great things to do on the East End throughout this weekend and the weeks ahead. You can find the calendar online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
MTK Hbr: 10:37 a.m., 11:12 p.m.
Orient: 11:38 a.m.
Greenport: 12:06 p.m.
Sag Hbr: 12:01 p.m.
N. Suffolk: 1:19 a.m., 1:28 p.m.
S. JPT: 1:26 a.m., 1:35 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 8:29 a.m., 8:59 p.m.
MTK Hbr: 11:18 a.m., 11:57 p.m.
Orient: 12:13 a.m., 12:19 p.m.
Greenport: 12:41 a.m., 12:47 p.m.
Sag Hbr: 12:36 a.m., 12:42 p.m.
N. Suffolk: 2:03 a.m., 2:09 p.m.
S. JPT: 2:10 a.m., 2:16 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 9:07 a.m., 9:42 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.