• Today will be sunny, with a high near 35 degrees but wind chill values between -5 and 5, with a northwest wind 10 to 15 miles per hour. It will be clear overnight, with a low around 12. Saturday will be partly sunny, with a high near 39 and Sunday will be sunny, with a high near 42.
• Southampton residents Amy Kirwin and Rebecca Edana’s totally off-the-cuff, unscripted new cooking show, “Two Jews Making Food” premieres this afternoon at 3 p.m. We got a sneak peak into their test kitchen earlier this week.
• Due to tomorrow’s anticipated inclement weather, Riverhead’s annual Christmas Bonfire and Parade has been rescheduled for next Saturday, Dec. 21 beginning with the parade through downtown at 3 p.m. and the bonfire on the riverfront at 4 p.m.
• The North Fork’s Rites of Spring Music Festival will hold a holiday concert of music by Shostakovich, Bartok, Beethoven and Cui performed by a trio with Yanki Karataş, violinist, Ginevra Petrucci, flutist and Paolo Bartolani, pianist on Saturday at 5 p.m. at Castello di Borghese Vineyard in Cutchogue. Tickets are $25. More details are online here.
• Northeast Stage is presenting a staged reading of “A Christmas Carol” this Saturday, Dec. 21 at 3 p.m. at Holy Trinity Church in Greenport, a fundraiser for its 2020 Shakespeare in the Park production of “Taming of the Shrew” in Greenport’s Mitchell Park. More details are online here.
• The Beacon’s Holiday Sale is now on. All subscriptions to our monthly print edition are half off through Christmas. Get this deal online here.
• The Morning Bulletin will be off through Jan. 1 as our editor recovers from surgery. Have a safe and happy Christmas and New Year’s and see you in 2020!
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 4:24 a.m., 4:47 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 3:32 a.m., 3:55 p.m.
Greenport: 5:01 a.m., 5:24 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 5:47 a.m., 6:16 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 4:56 a.m., 5:19 p.m.
New Suffolk: 6:23 a.m., 6:46 p.m.
South Jamesport: 6:30 a.m., 6:53 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 3:27 a.m., 3:40 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 1:36 a.m., 1:49 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 5:24 a.m., 5:48 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 4:32 a.m., 4:56 p.m.
Greenport: 6:01 a.m., 6:25 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 6:47 a.m., 7:18 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 5:56 a.m., 6:20 p.m.
New Suffolk: 7:23 a.m., 7:47 p.m.
South Jamesport: 7:30 a.m., 7:54 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 4:26 a.m., 4:42 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 2:35 a.m., 2:51 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.