• Today will be sunny, with a high near 46 degrees and a northwest wind 13 to 17 miles per hour. It will be mostly clear overnight, with a low around 26. Saturday will be partly sunny, with a high near 46 and Sunday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 52.
• The East Marion Community Association will hold a community meeting on Saturday, Dec. 4 at 10 a.m., both at the East Marion Firehouse and via Zoom, to discuss potential future uses of the abandoned oyster factory property on Shipyard Lane, which could include a 29-44 unit resort hotel on the resort/residential area, surrounded by between five and 11 single family house lots under zoning currently being considered by the Southold Town Board. EMCA is seeking community feedback through an online survey here. Saturday’s meeting can also be accessed on Zoom here.
• How much have we changed in the two years since Covid, and how will this help us in the years ahead? We take a moment to reflect in our December editorial.
• Stony Brook Southampton College at 70 Tuckahoe Road in Southampton will hold its annual Lighting of the Windmill this evening from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. There will be refreshments, music, photo booth, guided windmill tours, crafts. Admission is free, all are welcome, and the lighting will be followed by lecture on “Whale Watching from the Beach” at 7:30 p.m. in Duke Lecture Hall. To RSVP, contact Laura.Lyons@stonybrook.edu
• East Hampton Town has added two more dates — Monday, Dec. 6 and Wednesday, Dec. 8 — to its series of Covid-19 vaccination clinics for first, second and booster doses of all three vaccines. Here’s how to register.
• If you are looking for one great cake to carry you through the holidays, then look no further than this month’s Peconic Dish. Even if you are not a fan of fruit cake, you will love this month’s wonderful recipe from Alison Boyd-Savage.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 8:18 a.m., 8:44 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 7:26 a.m., 7:52 p.m.
Greenport: 8:55 a.m., 9:21 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 9:51 a.m., 10:26 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 8:50 a.m., 9:16 p.m.
New Suffolk: 10:17 a.m., 10:43 p.m.
South Jamesport: 10:24 a.m., 10:50 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 7:36 a.m., 7:59 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 5:45 a.m., 6:08 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 9:07 a.m., 9:35 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 8:15 a.m., 8:43 p.m.
Greenport: 9:44 a.m., 10:12 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 10:42 a.m., 11:18 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 9:39 a.m., 10:07 p.m.
New Suffolk: 11:06 a.m., 11:34 p.m.
South Jamesport: 11:13 a.m., 11:41 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 8:26 a.m., 8:52 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 6:35 a.m., 7:01 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.