• Today will be mostly sunny, with a high near 29 degrees but wind chill values between 5 and 15, with a north wind 6 to 9 miles per hour. It will be mostly cloudy overnight, with a low around 15. We’re expecting increasing clouds on Saturday, with a high near 32. There’s a 60 percent chance of snow, freezing rain and sleet overnight Saturday, with accumulations of less than an inch. Freezing rain is likely Sunday, possibly mixed with sleet before 9 a.m., with a high near 35 degrees. New sleet accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
• We received a lot of letters this week: On Shinnecock monuments vs the DOT; Presidential sociopathy and a dangerous turn in Riverhead. We love letters! Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org or P.O. Box 665, New Suffolk, NY 11956.
• Museum strategist and author András Szántó will take part in a a live-stream discussion of his new book, The Future of the Museum: 28 Dialogues, with the Parrish Art Museum’s Corinne Erni this evening at 5 p.m. Here are more details.
• VSOP Projects, in collaboration with Wooden Boatworks, is presenting “Height of Eye,” an exhibition of Arden Scott‘s steel sculpture at Wooden Boatworks in Southold Saturday, Sunday & Monday from noon to 5 p.m. each day. Here are more details.
• Dr. Georgette Grier-Key will discuss Preservation and Community on Monday, Feb. 15 at 7 p.m. in the last of Guild Hall’s “Gather” series of conversations with community leaders of color. Here’s more information on the program.
• Beacon editor Beth Young will be a guest on Behind The Headlines, hosted by the Express News Group, tomorrow and Sunday at 10 a.m. on WLIW, 88.3 FM. Tune in!
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 10:02 a.m., 10:24 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 9:10 a.m., 9:32 p.m.
Greenport: 10:39 a.m., 11:01 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 11:39 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 10:34 a.m., 10:56 p.m.
New Suffolk: 12:01 p.m.
South Jamesport: 12:08 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 9:18 a.m., 9:44 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 7:27 a.m., 7:53 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 10:46 a.m., 11:09 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 9:54 a.m., 10:17 p.m.
Greenport: 11:23 a.m., 11:46 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 12:04 a.m., 12:22 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 11:18 a.m., 11:41 p.m.
New Suffolk: 12:23 a.m., 12:45 p.m.
South Jamesport: 12:30 a.m., 12:52 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 10:01 a.m., 10:27 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 8:10 a.m., 8:36 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.