• We have widely varying snow totals from the National Weather Service for last night’s mini-blizzard. As of 11 p.m. last night, East Hampton reported 7.5 inches of snow, the most around. Orient reported 7 inches. Southampton reported 6.5, Montauk reported 5.5, Mattituck reported 4.3, Jamesport, Greenport and Quogue reported 4 inches, Riverhead reported 3.1 inches, Westhampton reported 3 inches, Cutchogue reported 2.5 and Peconic reported 1.3 inches.
• Be forewarned, Travel + Leisure has named Sag Harbor the fourth most romantic town in America and has named Montauk the 25th most romantic town. Prepare for the hoards of tourists now, while the snow’s still on the ground.
• If you missed Scott Chaskey’s reading from his new book, “Seed Time,” at Canio’s Books in Sag Harbor last night, don’t fear. It’s been rescheduled for next Saturday, Feb. 22 at 5 p.m. Same time, same place, hopefully less snow.
• The Truffle Workshop scheduled for yesterday at Bridge Gardens in Bridgehampton has been rescheduled due to snow for Feb. 22 at 2 p.m.
• Also rescheduled this week is the East Hampton Town shoreline sweep, which has been postponed for two weekends now due to snow on the ground. It has also been rescheduled for next Saturday, Feb. 22, beginning at 9 a.m. You can sign up to volunteer with Dell Cullum at email@example.com and Deb Klughers at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Montauk Lighthouse is closed today due to the lousy weather. Don’t go there today. And if you want to go tomorrow instead, they’d like you to please call ahead.
• Y’all were getting pretty snow-ragey out on Facebook last night. Keep calm and carry on.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.