• There’s a 30 percent chance of light rain before 7 a.m. today, but otherwise it will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 54 and a southwest wind 6 to 10 miles per hour. We’re expecting rain overnight, with a steady temperature around 49. There’s a 40 percent chance of light rain before 11 a.m. Friday. Temperatures will fall throughout the day to 45 by 5 p.m. We’re expecting increasing clouds Saturday, with a high near 36.
• The Southampton Town Board will discuss changes to the town code regarding special events on property purchased through the Community Preservation Fund, and meet newly appointed town police officers at their 10 a.m. work session this morning. Their full agenda is online here.
• Riverhead Town Supervisor Laura Jens-Smith will host a special meeting of the Riverhead Town Board, Planning Board and Zoning Board of Appeals this evening, Feb. 15 at 5:30 p.m. The supervisor says she plans to hold this tri-board meeting will allow the three boards to meet and discuss topics of common interest. The Riverhead Town Board will also hold a work session this morning at 10 a.m. but the agenda for that meeting had not yet been published when this post went live.
• Community Action Southold Town’s annual Have-A-Heart dinner will be held this evening at Peconic Landing in Greenport, raising money for CAST’s winter emergency fund. More details are online here.
• The East Hampton Town Board meets this evening at 6:30 p.m. There are no public hearings scheduled. Their full agenda is online here.
• The Ecological Culture Initiative, which is creating a Heritage Garden at St. Joseph’s Villa in Hampton Bays, will host a Heritage Gardens Tea on Sunday, February 25th, 2018 – 2-4 pm at the site of their new garden. More details are online here. [$20]
• Southold Town has announced that Town Supervisor Scott Russell will give his State of the Town Address on Thursday, March 8 at 6 p.m. All are welcome to attend. More details are online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 9:36 a.m., 959 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 8:44 a.m., 9:07 p.m.
Greenport: 10:13 a.m., 10:36 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 11:02 a.m., 11:26 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 10:08 a.m., 10:31 p.m.
New Suffolk: 11:35 a.m., 11:58 p.m.
South Jamesport: 11:42 a.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 6:47 a.m., 7:09 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 10:15 a.m., 10:38 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 9:23 a.m., 9:46 p.m.
Greenport: 10:52 a.m., 11:15 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 11:39 a.m.
Sag Harbor: 10:47 a.m., 11:10 p.m.
New Suffolk: 12:14 p.m.
South Jamesport: 12:05 a.m., 12:21 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 7:23 a.m., 7:44 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.