• Today will be sunny, with a high temperature near 32 degrees ahead of a winter weather watch into Thursday. We’re expecting increasing clouds tonight, with a low around 18 and a 20 percent chance of snow after 4 a.m. We’re expecting snow Thursday, mainly after 11 a.m., with a high near 31 and a northeast wind 8 to 17 miles per hour, with new snow accumulations of 3 to 5 inches possible, with snow and sleet overnight and into Friday. Overnight snow and sleet accumulations of 1 to 3 inches are possible, with less than half an inch expected on Friday, when the high will be near 35 degrees.
• The Shelter Island Health and Wellness Alliance is continuing its “Necessary Bridges” on-line programming, focused on race and social justice, with Son of the South: A Conversation with Robert Zellner, in partnership with the Shelter Island Library, on Friday, Feb. 19 at 7 p.m. on Zoom. Here are more details.
• The East Marion Community Association and the Orient Association have launched an oral history project called “If East Marion Could Talk, What Stories Would it Tell?” Some of the stories are now live on the Orient Association website, and the organizations are seeking more from the community.
• Suffolk County reported 526 new cases of Covid-19 on Monday, Feb. 15, with 5.1 percent of people tested testing positive. There were 548 people hospitalized with the virus on Monday, with 111 of them in ICU and 27 percent of hospital beds available. The county reported 9 new fatalities from the virus, bringing the death toll here to 2,977 people.
• The Westhampton Beach Performing Arts Center will host a New York Blood Center blood drive tomorrow from noon to 6 p.m. Advance appointments are recommended, and can be made by calling 1.800.933.2566 or online at nybc.org.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 1:26 a.m., 1:47 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 12:34 a.m., 12:55 p.m.
Greenport: 2:03 a.m., 2:24 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 2:47 a.m., 3:15 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 1:58 a.m., 2:19 p.m.
New Suffolk: 3:25 a.m., 3:46 p.m.
South Jamesport: 3:32 a.m., 3:53 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 12:34 a.m., 12:52 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 11:01 a.m., 11:24 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 2:16 a.m., 2:41 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 1:24 a.m., 1:49 p.m.
Greenport: 2:53 a.m., 3:18 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 3:32 a.m., 4:05 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 2:48 a.m., 3:13 p.m.
New Suffolk: 4:15 a.m., 4:40 p.m.
South Jamesport: 4:22 a.m., 4:47 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 1:15 a.m., 1:37 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 11:46 a.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.