• We’re expecting rain today, mainly after 10 a.m., with a high temperature near 42 degrees but wind chill values between 25 and 35, with a south wind 6 to 15 miles per hour. Skies will clear overnight, with a low around 31. There’s a 20 percent chance of showers between 1 and 4 p.m. Tuesday, but otherwise it will be partly sunny, with a high near 41. Wednesday will be sunny, with a high near 45.
• Today is the final deadline to submit comments on the Bureau of Ocean Energy Management’s environmental impact statement for the South Fork Wind Farm. Here are more details.
• Bay Street Theatre in Sag Harbor hosts “In Case You Hadn’t Heard: A Conversation Between America’s Past and Its Promise” this evening, an online theatrical presentation presented in conjunction with the Eastville Historical Society and the Southampton African American Museum in honor of Black History Month. Here are more details.
• The Mattituck-Laurel Civic Association meets this evening from 6:30 to 8 p.m. via Zoom. The meeting will include updates on the Comprehensive Plan and Traffic Study and a special program on North Fork Dark Sky Coalition. For the Zoom link, click here.
• The Hampton Bays Civic Association also meets virtually this evening at 7 p.m. Up for discussion will be the downtown overlay district, CPI, The boathouses, Bel-Aire property, CVS, noise from low flying aircraft, and any other Hampton Bays subject that arises. To receive the Zoom link, register for the civic association’s email alerts here.
• The Island Harvest food distribution event originally scheduled for last Thursday in Riverhead’s Stotzky Park has been postponed to tomorrow Tuesday, Feb. 23 from 10 a.m. to noon, due to last week’s snowstorm. About 600 boxes of food will be distributed on a first-come, first-serve basis.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 6:10 a.m., 6:36 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 5:18 a.m., 5:44 p.m.
Greenport: 6:47 a.m., 7:13 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 7:11 a.m., 7:52 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 6:42 a.m., 7:08 p.m.
New Suffolk: 8:09 a.m., 8:35 p.m.
South Jamesport: 8:16 a.m., 8:42 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 4:33 a.m., 5:19 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 2:42 a.m., 3:28 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 6:58 a.m., 7:21 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 6:06 a.m., 6:29 p.m.
Greenport: 7:35 a.m., 7:58 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 8:06 a.m., 8:43 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 7:30 a.m., 7:53 p.m.
New Suffolk: 8:57 a.m., 9:20 p.m.
South Jamesport: 9:04 a.m., 9:27 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 5:34 a.m., 6:17 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 3:43 a.m., 4:26 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.