This Morning’s Bulletin — 2.23.15
• Southold Town Supervisor Scott Russell’s sixth annual State of the Town address will be held this Thursday, Feb. 26 at 7 p.m. in the town hall meeting room. Mr. Russell will inform the public of the town’s accomplishments in 2014 and discuss goals for 2015 and the future. He plans to speak about providing services within the confines of the state tax cap and unfunded mandates, as well as a discussion environmental and planning initiatives, an evaluation of town facilities and assets and capital needs for 2015 and beyond. All are welcome to attend.
• The brand new Mattituck-Laurel Civic Association, which had planned to hold its first meeting just after last month’s blizzard, will instead hold its first meeting this Wednesday, Feb. 25 at 6 p.m. at the Mattituck-Laurel Library.
• Riverhead CAP, which provides drug awareness programs for students in the Riverhead School District, will hold its annual Bowling Bonanza fundraiser at the All Star in Riverhead tomorrow, Feb. 24 from 7 to 9:30 p.m. You can register online here.
• If you’d gotten the Beacon’s Week in Review delivered to you inbox in the wee hours of this morning, you wouldn’t have had to trudge through the snow and the wind to your curbside for the news. Get your own free copy here, or help your friends get their own free copy each week by signing up here:http://eepurl.com/Amk7T.
• Don’t forget to plan your week ahead with The Beacon’s events calendar, online here.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.