• We’re expecting rain today, mainly after 2 p.m., with patchy fog and a high near 44 degrees. Rain will continue overnight, with temperatures in the mid-40s. It will be mostly cloudy Saturday, with a high near 51. We’re expecting rain Sunday, with a high near 50.
• Stony Brook Southampton Hospital will host an American Red Cross blood drive today from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. The Southampton Youth Bureau and the Westhampton Free Library Teen Center will be partnering with the New York Blood Center for a blood drive this Saturday, Feb. 24 at the Westhampton Free Library, 7 Library Ave, from 11:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• As part of American Hearth Health Month, Eastern Long Island Hospital will host two seminars on heart health today. The first will be held at the Southold Town Senior Center on Pacific Street in Mattituck at 11 a.m., and the second will be held at Greenport’s Floyd Memorial Library at 1 p.m. All are welcome to attend.
• HarborFrost returns to Sag Harbor for the eighth season this weekend. Find the full schedule of events on our sister website, The Peconic Bathtub.
• The Ecological Culture Initiative, which is creating a Heritage Garden at St. Joseph’s Villa in Hampton Bays, will host a Heritage Gardens Tea on Sunday, Feb. 25 from 2 to 4 p.m. at the site of their new garden. More details are online here. [$20]
• The Eastville Community Historical Society and Sylvester Manor Educational Farm will hold their annual Black History Month celebration this Sunday, Feb. 25 at 2 p.m. at Bay Street Theatre in Sag Harbor. More details are online here. [$15/$20]
• There’s plenty to do on the East End this weekend, and in the weeks ahead. Get the details in our Events Calendar.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.