• Today will be sunny, with a high near 47 degrees and a northwest wind 13 to 17 miles per hour. It will be mostly clear overnight, with a low around 22. Friday will be sunny, with a high near 43. We’re expecting rain on Saturday, mainly after noon, with a high near 47 degrees.
• The New York State Department of Environmental Conservation’s annual application period for the Trees for Tribs’ Buffer in a Bag Program is now open. Private and public landowners who qualify may apply for a free bag of 25 tree and shrub seedlings for planting near streams, rivers, or lakes to help stabilize banks, protect water quality, and improve wildlife habitat. Here are more details.
• Suffolk County reported there were 425 new cases of Covid-19 on Feb. 23, with 2.8 percent of people tested testing positive. There were 476 people hospitalized with the virus in the county, with 107 of them in ICU. The county reported six new fatalities, bringing the death toll here to 3,049 people.
• There will be two local blood drives today from noon to 6 p.m., at the Greenport American Legion Roller Rink at 102 Third Street in Greenport, and at the Westhampton Beach Performing Arts Center at 76 Main Street in Westhampton Beach. Appointments are requested at the links to the venues above.
• The Riverhead Town Board will discuss the town’s police reform report, the new Suffolk County bicycle sharing program and capital improvement projects at its 10 a.m. work session this morning. Here’s the agenda, and here’s where to watch the meeting.
• The Southampton Town Board will discuss the Pyrrhus Concer House in Southampton and the Good Ground Park Extension at its 10 a.m. work session this morning. Here’s the agenda, and here’s where to watch the video.
• Guitarist Jonathon Fritz performs live via Facebook tonight at 7 p.m. as part of Long Island WinterFest’s virtual music series this winter. Here’s where to watch.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 8:21 a.m., 8:41 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 7:29 a.m., 7:49 p.m.
Greenport: 8:58 a.m., 9:18 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 9:44 a.m., 10:14 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 8:53 a.m., 9:13 p.m.
New Suffolk: 10:20 a.m., 10:40 p.m.
South Jamesport: 10:27 a.m., 10:47 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 7:18 a.m., 7:51 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 5:27 a.m., 6 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 9:01 a.m., 9:22 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 8:09 a.m., 8:30 p.m.
Greenport: 9:38 a.m., 9:59 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 10:29 a.m., 10:57 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 9:33 a.m., 9:54 p.m.
New Suffolk: 11 a.m., 11:21 p.m.
South Jamesport: 11:07 a.m., 11:28 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 8:03 a.m., 8:34 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 6:12 a.m., 6:43 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.