• Today will be sunny, with a high near 40 degrees and a northwest wind around 6 miles per hour, becoming light and variable. There’s a 30 percent chance of rain overnight, with a low around 30. We’re expecting rain on Saturday, mainly before 3 p.m., with a high near 48 degrees. We’re also expecting r on Sunday, mainly after 2 p.m., with a high near 44.
• Sylvester Manor Educational Farm and the Eastville Community Historical Society will present their Seventh Annual Black History Month Celebration online this Sunday, Feb. 28 at 2 p.m. Here’s more information.
• Suffolk County reported 461 new cases of Covid-19 on Feb. 24, with 3.9 percent of people tested testing positive. There were 461 people hospitalized with the virus that day, with 108 of them in ICU and 25 percent of hospital beds available. The county reported five new fatalities from the virus, bringing the death toll here to 3,054 people.
• Our Peconic Dish columnist, Alison Boyd-Savage, shares some refreshing winter recipes this month for fish cakes and watercress salad, paired with delicious shortbread cookies with poached apricots. Here’s more.
• Director and Guild Hall 2021 Guild House Artist-in-Residence Jackson Gay hosts a night of participatory theater, collective listening, and discussion this evening at 8 p.m., as she reflects on her time at Guild Hall, and shares the beginnings of her new project, Endless Loop* of Gratitude and other works written during her time in residence in a free Zoom presentation. Registration is required, online here.
• The Parrish Art Museum in Water Mill hosts a walking tour of its inaugural outdoor sculpture exhibition with curators and docents this afternoon from 3 to 4:30 p.m. Here’s how to register.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 9:01 a.m., 9:22 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 8:09 a.m., 8:30 p.m.
Greenport: 9:38 a.m., 9:59 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 10:29 a.m., 10:57 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 9:33 a.m., 9:54 p.m.
New Suffolk: 11 a.m., 11:21 p.m.
South Jamesport: 11:07 a.m., 11:28 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 8:03 a.m., 8:34 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 6:12 a.m., 6:43 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 9:42 a.m., 10:04 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 8:50 a.m., 9:12 p.m.
Greenport: 10:19 a.m., 10:41 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 11:13 a.m., 11:39 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 10:14 a.m., 10:36 p.m.
New Suffolk: 11:41 p.m.
South Jamesport: 11:48 a.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 8:45 a.m., 9:16 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 6:54 a.m., 7:25 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.