• There’s a 40 percent chance of light rain today, mainly before noon, with cloudy skies and a high near 51. There’s a 50 percent chance of rain after 9 p.m., with mostly cloudy skies overnight and a low around 36. Wednesday will be mostly cloudy, with a steady temperature around 39. We’re expecting rain on Thursday, with a high near 46.
• Assemblyman Fred W. Thiele, Jr. has reported that revenues for the Peconic Bay Community Preservation Fund dropped 21.3 percent in 2019 from a record high in 2018. The Beacon’s full story is online here.
• The East Hampton Town Board will discuss a pedal share program, groundwater monitoring on Springs-Fireplace Road, draft legislation on groundwater monitoring of composting sites and storm abatement in Sag Harbor at its 10 a.m. work session at town hall this morning.
• The Riverhead Town Board meets at 2 p.m. this afternoon. They have no public hearings on the agenda.
• Motivational speaker Milton Creagh will give a talk on “how we process the information that we get from everyday life and how we can learn lessons from that information, good and bad” at the Bridgehampton Child Care & Recreation Center’s Thinking Forward Lecture Series this Friday, Feb. 7 at 6 p.m. More details are online here.
• The Riverhead Central School District Board of Education and administration are inviting residents to attend a Community Bond Forum on Thursday, Feb. 13 at 7 p.m., at Riverhead High School.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 5:47 a.m., 6:12 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 4:55 a.m., 5:20 p.m.
Greenport: 6:24 a.m., 6:49 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 6:49 a.m., 7:31 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 6:19 a.m., 6:44 p.m.
New Suffolk: 7:46 a.m., 8:11 p.m.
South Jamesport: 7:53 a.m., 8:18 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 4:12 a.m., 4:51 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 2:21 a.m., 3 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 6:34 a.m., 6:59 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 5:42 a.m., 6:07 p.m.
Greenport: 7:11 a.m., 7:36 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 7:44 a.m., 8:25 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 7:06 a.m., 7:31 p.m.
New Suffolk: 8:33 a.m., 8:58 p.m.
South Jamesport: 8:40 a.m., 9:05 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 5:13 a.m., 5:54 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 3:22 a.m., 4:03 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.