We’re expecting areas of fog before 9 a.m. today, with mostly cloudy skies gradually clearing, with a high near 56 degrees and a southwest wind 3 to 7 miles per hour. It will be mostly clear overnight, with a low around 29. Wednesday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 41. We’re expecting rain early on Thursday, tapering off, with cloudy for the rest of the day and a high near 44.
• The Long Island Rail Road is kicking off its new South Fork Commuter Connection on March 4, and state lawmakers announced Jan. 22 that Governor Andrew Cuomo’s proposed 2019 state budget includes an additional $500,000 in funding for transportation solutions to get commuters from the trains to their final destination. The Beacon’s full story is online here.
• The East Hampton Town Board will discuss the town’s municipal airport, code enforcement and animal control issues and beach driving and parking permits at their 10 a.m. work session at town hall this morning. Their full agenda is online here.
• The Shelter Island Town Board will discuss pre-school, water committee changes and water quality board rebate applications at their 1 p.m. work session at town hall this afternoon. Their full agenda is online here.
• The Riverhead Town Board will hold public hearings on a $6 million bond resolution for the improvements to the town’s water district and on changes to the town’s special events code regarding the definition of tax deductible charity organizations at their 2 p.m. meeting this afternoon. Their agenda is online here.
• Southold Town has posted its new rental permit application forms online here. The town is accepting applications now, and will begin enforcing the new law in August of this year. The permit fee has now been set at $200 for two years.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 10:10 a.m., 10:33 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 9:18 a.m., 9:41 p.m.
Greenport: 10:47 a.m., 11:10 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 11:39 a.m.
Sag Harbor: 10:42 a.m., 11:05 p.m.
New Suffolk: 12:09 p.m.
South Jamesport: 12:16 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 9:16 a.m., 9:40 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 7:25 a.m., 7:49 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 10:51 a.m., 11:15 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 9:59 a.m., 10:23 p.m.
Greenport: 11:28 a.m., 11:52 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 12:02 a.m., 12:16 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 11:23 a.m., 11:47 p.m.
New Suffolk: 12:32 a.m., 12:50 p.m.
South Jamesport: 12:39 a.m., 12:57 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 9:52 a.m., 10:16 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 8:01 a.m., 8:25 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.