This Morning’s Bulletin — 2.5.20
• There’s a 30 percent chance of light rain before 9 a.m. today, with mostly cloudy skies and the temperature falling to around 35 degrees by 9 a.m., with a north wind 8 to 11 miles per hour. Rain is likely overnight, mainly after 3 a.m., with cloudy skies and a low around 33. We’re expecting rain on Thursday, with a high near 48 and an east wind 9 to 15 miles per hour, becoming south in the afternoon. We’re also expecting rain on Friday, mainly before 3 p.m., with a high near 48.
• Dredge crews are now on-site for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers West of Shinnecock Inlet beach repair project on Dune Road in Hampton Bays, Congressman Lee Zeldin reported on Tuesday.
• The deal to sell Peconic Public Broadcasting to WNET, the public television station that owns Channel 13 in New York City, is now complete, WNET has announced. The station is slated to soon change its call letters from WPPB to WLIW, but no other changes have yet been announced. The Beacon’s full story is online here.
• Southold Town has announced it will hold an open house for the community to discover potential housing opportunities on Saturday, Feb. 29 at the Peconic Landing Auditorium. More details are online here.
• Tickets are now on sale for Community Action Southold Town’s annual Young at Heart dinner, to be held Friday, Feb. 28 at the Greenport Harbor Brewing Company in Peconic. More details are online here.
• Group for the East End and the Atlantic Marine Conservation Society have announced they will be holding several Seal Cruises around Shinnecock Bay in the next few weeks. Here are the details.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 6:34 a.m., 6:59 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 5:42 a.m., 6:07 p.m.
Greenport: 7:11 a.m., 7:36 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 7:44 a.m., 8:25 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 7:06 a.m., 7:31 p.m.
New Suffolk: 8:33 a.m., 8:58 p.m.
South Jamesport: 8:40 a.m., 9:05 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 5:13 a.m., 5:54 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 3:22 a.m., 4:03 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 7:19 a.m., 7:43 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 6:27 a.m., 6:51 p.m.
Greenport: 7:56 a.m., 8:20 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 8:38 a.m., 9:16 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 7:51 a.m., 8:15 p.m.
New Suffolk: 9:18 a.m., 9:42 p.m.
South Jamesport: 9:25 a.m., 9:49 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 6:12 a.m., 6:50 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 4:21 a.m., 4:59 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.