This Morning’s Bulletin — 3.1.22
• It will be mostly cloudy today, with a high temperature near 44 degrees but wind chill values between 20 and 30, with a light south wind increasing to 8 to 13 miles per hour in the morning. It will be mostly cloudy overnight, with a 20 percent chance of showers before 11 p.m. Wednesday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 45 and Thursday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 42.
• The Southold Town Board will have a work session this morning at 9 a.m. and a regular meeting this afternoon at 4:30 p.m. The agenda for both meetings is expected to be posted here. The morning session is anticipated to include a discussion on community housing plans.
• The East Hampton Town Board will discuss several issues related to the town’s proposed new Prior Permission Airport in Wainscott, the town’s revised capital plan and South Fork Wind’s proposed revegetation plan at their 11 a.m. work session this morning. Here’s the agenda, and the meeting can be viewed live on LTV’s YouTube channel.
• The Shelter Island Town Board will discuss moorings, ethics and veterans’ property tax exemptions at their 1 p.m. work session this afternoon. Here’s the agenda, and the meeting can be viewed live here.
• The Riverhead Town Board meets this afternoon at 2 p.m. There are no public hearings scheduled. Here’s the agenda, and the meeting can be viewed live here.
• Suffolk County reported 72 new cases of Covid-19 on Sunday, Feb. 27, with 1.8 percent of people tested testing positive. There were 121 people hospitalized with the virus in the county, with 24 of them in ICU. There were no new fatalities from the virus and the death toll here stands at 4,338 people.
• The Riverhead Fire Department hosts a New York Blood Center blood drive this afternoon and evening from 1 to 7 p.m. Appointments are recommended and can be made online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 8:30 a.m., 8:50 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 7:38 a.m., 7:58 p.m.
Greenport: 9:07 a.m., 9:27 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 10:06 a.m., 10:34 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 9:02 a.m., 9:22 p.m.
New Suffolk: 10:29 a.m., 10:49 p.m.
South Jamesport: 10:36 a.m., 10:56 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 7:47 a.m., 8:14 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 5:56 a.m., 6:23 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 9:17 a.m., 9:38 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 8:25 a.m., 8:46 p.m.
Greenport: 9:54 a.m., 10:15 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 10:56 a.m., 11:20 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 9:49 a.m., 10:10 p.m.
New Suffolk: 11:16 a.m., 11:37 p.m.
South Jamesport: 11:23 a.m., 11:44 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 8:35 a.m., 9:01 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 6:44 a.m., 7:10 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.