• We’re expecting patchy fog before 7 a.m. today, with otherwise sunny skies and a high near 53, with a calm wind becoming east 5 to 7 miles per hour in the morning. It will be partly cloudy overnight, with a steady temperature around 42.Thursday will be partly sunny, with a high near 59 and Friday will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 61 and a 30 percent chance of showers before 1 p.m.
• More and more Covid-19 vaccination clinics are on the horizon on the East End in the upcoming weeks, as eligibility criteria begins to widen and more vaccines begin making their way to the states. Here’s the latest.
• State Assemblyman Fred Thiele announced Tuesday the projected allocations to local governments here in the federal $1.9 million American Rescue Plan, expected to be approved by the U.S. House of Representatives today. Suffolk County is slated to receive $286.4 million, Southampton is expected to receive receive $6.4 million, Riverhead Town is slated to receive $3.7 million, East Hampton is slated to receive $2.4 million and Shelter Island is slated to receive just over $265,000.
• The East Hampton Town Board will hold an online public meeting to discuss its Police Reform & Reinvention Plan tomorrow evening, March 11 at 7 p.m. The meeting can be viewed live on LTV’s YouTube channel, and people who wish to comment can call 617.691.8724 to be placed in the comment queue.
• Suffolk County reported 552 new cases of Covid-19 on March 8, with 4.5 percent of people tested testing positive. There were 395 people hospitalized with the virus in the county, with 91 of them in ICU and 25 percent of hospital beds available. The county reported eight new fatalities from the virus, bringing the death toll here to 3,134 people.
• “Do you want a hat?” are the words of introduction Elaine Rauer of South Jamesport has been making of late to hatless people she meets in her travels. In the past year, she estimates she’s crocheted and given away about 120 hats, and she’s not stopping any time soon. Read our full story.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 7:33 a.m., 7:53 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 6:41 a.m., 7:01 p.m.
Greenport: 8:10 a.m., 8:30 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 9:03 a.m., 9:32 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 8:05 a.m., 8:25 p.m.
New Suffolk: 9:32 a.m., 9:52 p.m.
South Jamesport: 9:39 a.m., 9:59 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 6:41 a.m., 7:10 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 4:50 a.m., 5:19 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 8:18 a.m., 8:36 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 7:26 a.m., 7:44 p.m.
Greenport: 8:55 a.m., 9:13 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 9:53 a.m., 10:18 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 8:50 a.m., 9:08 p.m.
New Suffolk: 10:17 a.m., 10:35 p.m.
South Jamesport: 10:24 a.m., 10:42 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 7:31 a.m., 7:57 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 5:40 a.m., 6:06 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.