• Today will be sunny, with a high near 33 but wind chill values between zero and 10, with a northwest wind 5 to 9 miles per hour, becoming west in the afternoon. But it’s not today’s forecast that you should be worried about.
• A blizzard watch is in effect tonight through Tuesday evening, and we’re expecting between 10 and 15 inches of snow before it tapers off Wednesday morning. The temperature Tuesday will be steady around 33 degrees, but wind chill values will be between 15 and 20, with a northeast wind 26 to 31 miles per hour, with gusts as high as 50 mph. There’s a 30 percent chance of snow showers before 1 p.m. Wednesday, when the high will be near 33 degrees.
• Organización Latino-Americana of Eastern Long Island hosted a Pachanga por Paz y Unidad (A Party for Peace and Unity) to raise money for their work, featuring Skylar Day, Certain Moves, Mi Latina and Mambo Loco, along with a community rendition of Ben E. King’s “Stand by Me” on Saturday evening at Bay Street Theatre in Sag Harbor. See our photos from the event online here.
• The Flanders, Riverside & Northampton Community Association will have Dan Malisardi of the NYS Department of Public Service aa their guest speaker at their monthly meeting tonight at 7 p.m. at the David W. Crohan Community Center at 655 Flanders Road.
• The League of Women Voters of the Hamptons hosts a forum on the New York Constitutional Convention, a ballot proposal on whether to hold a state constitutional convention put up on ballots every 20 years, tonight, March 13 at 7 p.m. at the Hampton Library in Bridgehampton. All are welcome to attend More details are online here.
• The Southampton Town Board has announced they will hold a public hearing on the Speonk Commons workforce housing zone change application on Wednesday, March 22 at 6 p.m. at the Remsenburg-Speonk Elementary School at 11 Mill Road in Remsenburg.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 11:11 a.m., 11:28 p.m.
MTK Hbr: 10:19 a.m., 10:36 p.m.
Greenport: 11:48 a.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 12:26 a.m., 12:48 p.m.
Sag Hbr: 11:43 a.m.
New Suffolk: 12:43 a.m., 1:10 p.m.
South Jamesport: 12:50 a.m., 1:17 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 8:31 a.m., 8:58 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 11:54 a.m.
MTK Hbr: 11:02 a.m., 11:20 p.m.
Greenport: 12:05 a.m., 12:31 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 1:06 a.m., 1:29 p.m.
Sag Hbr: midnight, 12:26 p.m.
New Suffolk: 1:27 a.m., 1:53 p.m.
South Jamesport: 1:34 a.m., 2 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 9:12 a.m., 9:39 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.