• We’re expecting mostly sunny skies today, with a slight chance of snow showers after noon, mixing with rain after 2 p.m. The high temperature will be near 39 degrees, with wind chill values between 15 and 25 and a west wind 13 to 16 miles per hour. It will be mostly cloudy and breezy overnight, with a low around 28. Thursday will be partly sunny, with a high near 43, and Friday will be mostly sunny and breezy, with a high near 38.
• The Second Sight, or an dara sealladh, is one of the more curious, but constant cultural phenomenons, in Celtic lands and those places where Celts have settled around the world. Our columnist Tim Kelly is pretty sure he’s among those afflicted with this gift. Read his March column online here.
• Southold Town has rescheduled yesterday’s town board work session and meeting for today at 9 a.m. and 7:30 p.m., respectively. The full agenda for both meetings is online here.
• The New Suffolk School Board meeting originally scheduled for last night has been rescheduled for tonight at 7 p.m., and the Southampton Town Board meeting originally scheduled for yesterday at 1 p.m. has been rescheduled to tomorrow, March 15 at 10 a.m.
• Congressman Lee Zeldin will host a ‘Tele-Town Hall’ tonight at 7:30 p.m. In order to be in on the call, you need to register here before 6:30 p.m.
• Guild Hall in East Hampton’s new production of “Romeo & Juliet” opens today and continues through March 25. Read our correspondent Kara Westerman’s talk with the cast and director Josh Gladstone online here.
• Peconic Landing in Greenport will host a free Sounds of St. Patrick’s Day community concert tomorrow, Thursday March 15 at 8 p.m. More information is online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 8:50 a.m., 9:11 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 7:58 a.m., 8:19 p.m.
Greenport: 9:27 a.m., 9:48 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 10:12 a.m., 10:37 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 9:22 a.m., 9:43 p.m.
New Suffolk: 10:49 a.m., 11:10 p.m.
South Jamesport: 10:56 a.m., 11:17 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 5:57 a.m., 6:23 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 9:30 a.m., 9:50 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 8:38 a.m., 8:58 p.m.
Greenport: 10:07 a.m., 10:27 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 10:55 a.m., 11:17 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 10:02 a.m., 10:22 p.m.
New Suffolk: 11:29 a.m., 11:49 p.m.
South Jamesport: 11:36 a.m., 11:56 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 6:40 a.m., 7:03 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.