This Morning’s Bulletin — 3.15.14
• Happy Ides of March, if you’re so inclined as to celebrate such a holiday. Also, a belated happy Pi Day for all of you fans of 3.14 who missed out celebrating yesterday. We are planning a big celebration for next year, 3.14.15, at 9:26 a.m. Mark your calendar for next year.
• Yes, today is slated to be beautiful, and yes, there is the possibility of a morning snowstorm St. Patrick’s Day. Skies will be clearing throughout the day today with a high of 52 this afternoon, but a west-southwest breeze of 20 to 30 miles per hour has forced a small craft advisory onto our waters and will keep it from feeling as balmy here as one might hope. We’re expecting a high of 35 tomorrow. The National Weather Service has not yet predicted a potential snowfall total for Sunday into Monday, as the storm heading up the coast is expected to track out to sea just south of Long Island. According to the latest report from the NWS, “there is still uncertainty in the placing of the bulk of the precipitation” as of 7:23 a.m. today.
• The Ama-O-Gansett St. Patrick’s Day Parade kicks off at 12:02 p.m. today in downtown Amagansett. Get there on time, or you might miss it. The Westhampton Beach St. Patrick’s Day parade kicks off at 12 p.m. in downtown Westhampton Beach and the Cutchogue St. Patrick’s Day Parade kicks off at 2 p.m.. The Montauk, Hampton Bays and Jamesport parades are next weekend. More information is online here.
• The Montauk Brewing Company has unleashed its first canned ale, the Driftwood Ale. Their list of vendors where you can pick up the local brew is in their photograph at right and includes the IGAs in Montauk, East Hampton and Amagansett, Peconic Beverage in East Hampton, the Shell gas station in Water Mill, Montauk Beer and Soda and the 7-Eleven in Montauk.
• This is the second-to-last weekend of Winterfest on the North Fork, which is wrapping up the season with a slew of events at the wineries. Find this and other music in the Beacon’s music listings.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.
2 thoughts on “This Morning’s Bulletin — 3.15.14”
“3.14.15, at 9:26 a.m.”
funny and clever. thanks
Pie? Did someone say “pie”? Briarmere’s or homemade? Count me in! Just make sure to cut it “radially” (to the second power, that is)… and, by the way, that shell appears to be “conched out,” so methinks it won’t be walking any time soon. Meanwhile I’ll see if I can do an “anti-snow” dance and hope y’all can recover from what I’m sure has been a long, harsh episode of seasonal affective disorder! Sending warmer thoughts from North Carolina –